Favors
Options

Welcome Gifts

We are traveling out of state to our son's wedding.  Several family members are attending as well.  We are all staying at the same hotel.  As the groom's parents; we would like to put in the hotel room of the other family guests a small welcome and thank you for coming gift.  So, when they check in to the hotel and go to their room they will see a special gift from us.  Any ideas on what "not so expensive" gift that could be?  Thank you!

Re: Welcome Gifts

• Options
    We are traveling out of state to our son's wedding.  Several family members are attending as well.  We are all staying at the same hotel.  As the groom's parents; we would like to put in the hotel room of the other family guests a small welcome and thank you for coming gift.  So, when they check in to the hotel and go to their room they will see a special gift from us.  Any ideas on what "not so expensive" gift that could be?  Thank you!

Two (or however many guests are in the room) large bottles of nice spring water and a 6 pack box of Godiva chocolates or gourmet chocolates from a local shop.

• Options
    I would ask your son and FDIL if they are already planning to do this for guests at the hotel. This might be a "stepping on toes" thing as "thank you for coming" welcome bags are generally from the bride and groom and/or the hosts.

I think it's a sweet gesture, but if you want to give gifts to only the people in your family, can you do it in person? You could include a nice note, some local snacks, chocolates, etc.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

Good point-southern belle!  Thank you!~  Also, thank you itsMS---good choice--and easy to purchase out there versus stuffing it in luggage.

:)

• Options
    ItsMS had a great suggestion. In addition to/in lieu of that, I'd get everyone something local or something the area is famous for; i.e., if I was doing it for out of state guests in Ohio, I'd supply buckeyes (the treat, not the tree). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards