Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Reception that doesn't play hip hop/pop/r&b/'rap'?

We will be playing a lot of classic rock music - mostly upbeat stuff. We have quite a bit of Golden Oldies thrown in there. I have maybe 4 county songs (I don't want any more than that). We added some line dancing and children friendly songs, too. During our mealtime, we will be playing heavy rock/metal that no one can really dance to but my fiance and myself enjoy. 

Has anyone ever been to a reception that didn't play much hip hop/pop/r&b or rap music? Did patrons dance? Did they enjoy the reception? What songs, if any, do you think I should add to our song list? I haven't the slightest clue if we even have to..

Thanks

Re: Reception that doesn't play hip hop/pop/r&b/'rap'?

• ashleyepashleyep member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    We will be playing a lot of classic rock music - mostly upbeat stuff. We have quite a bit of Golden Oldies thrown in there. I have maybe 4 county songs (I don't want any more than that). We added some line dancing and children friendly songs, too. During our mealtime, we will be playing heavy rock/metal that no one can really dance to but my fiance and myself enjoy. 

Has anyone ever been to a reception that didn't play much hip hop/pop/r&b or rap music? Did patrons dance? Did they enjoy the reception? What songs, if any, do you think I should add to our song list? I haven't the slightest clue if we even have to..

Thanks
    I know it's not what you're asking about, but heavy rock/metal seems a bit much for mealtime.
    Anniversary
  • I think this is a know your crowd. My grandma would not be happy with heavy rock/metal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards