Not Engaged Yet

It May Be Coming... :)

ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited August 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
The BF and I have our first vacation together coming up on September 7th (Gatlinburg, my faveee place). Since March, he's been talking about getting married, saying little things like, "When we get married..." or "for our wedding..." I, on the other hand, have not talked about it, unless he starts talking about it, then I chime in here and there, but I dont want to be that crazy girlfriend that talks about getting married and having kids 8 months into the relationship (although I'm dying to be that girl). Anyhoo, last night we were hanging out and drinking with a couple of our friends. Somehow we got to talking about my job which lead to my name (i'm divorced but still have my last name from my marriage. Mainly because its a pain in the ass to change and I'm known by this name professionally). So he asked me, "When are you gonna change your last name?" (meaning back to my maiden) and I blurted out without even thinking, "When are YOU gonna change my last name?!" To which he responded, "I'm on it...soon." I sarcastically said, "yeah...i can tell" and he said, "Hey...you don't know what I have."
So, this may be wishful thinking but I'm hopiiiiiiiing that a certain question may come up during our vacation together. I mean, if I was a guy and was wanting to propose to my girlfriend, I would definitely do it while in the Smokey Mountains :) I'm trying not to get my hopes up and just be excited about the vacation itself and enjoy it...but I cant help but wonder... :)
Anniversary

Re: It May Be Coming... :)

• Exciting! You've got a vacation coming up! Try really hard not to think about him proposing because you could end up really disappointed if he doesn't.
  • Exciting! You've got a vacation coming up! Try really hard not to think about him proposing because you could end up really disappointed if he doesn't.
    Thanks! thats what I'm trying to do. I'm extremely excited about the vacation, if he proposes than thats just an added bonus. If he doesn't, it'll happen sooner or later so I'll just have something else to look forward to :)
    Anniversary

• I just went on a cruise with my boyfriend. If I were a guy, I'd totally propose on the white sand beaches of the Bahamas. Thankfully, I didn't let that get in my head. If I had, I would have totally missed out on the absolutely AMAZING time we had on our cruise vacation. I would have missed the simple pleasure of lying on the beach with the insanely glorious breeze keeping me cool. I would have missed out on enjoying the awesome nature walk we took. I would have missed out on the incredibly fun time we had with our friends. All because I was 'hopiiiiiiing' for and expecting a proposal to happen.

Instead, I enjoyed the shit outta that vacation. And I hope you enjoy yours too. Just slow down, and enjoy it for what it IS, not what you hope it to be instead.  

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards