Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding Fun

2»

Re: Wedding Fun

• Options
    Hmmm....maybe I should ask my dad to bring his goats to our reception....
  • Options
    What makes a wedding fun in MY eyes is booze, good food and good company. Oh and dancing..I like dancing.
    This!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Besides good food and an open bar we are having a band/DJ play. We are also having a caricaturist who draws on an ipad. He will then print out two copies- one as a wedding favor  and the other will be for our guest book. They can sign the back of it. My FI had met him at a meeting and wanted him for the wedding.
  • Options
    We had a gorgeous venue + awesome food, an open bar and a good DJ = awesome wedding in my opinion. 

My best friends surprised us by planning a flash mob as part of the toast which was very cool.  They emailed all of our guests a month before the wedding and had them learn a "routine."  About half of our guests actually participated and it was a great surprise and fun memory.    

Anniversary
  • Options
    I think a good wedding has a lot of alcohol, good food, and good music for dancing!
  • Options
    Dancing booze good food , family and friends! I'm having an ice sculpture liquor luge!
  • Options

We really wanted our local hamburger place to bring their food truck as a snack, or even an ice cream truck, but we're not allowed to bring in outside food. I also wanted a caricature artist but FH said no lol

We will have a photobooth, candy bar (my FMIL is making one to surprise me but whoops...she doesn't know I know lol), plus a great DJ. If budget allowed I would have loved a s'mores bar, or these cool cotton candy martinis I saw on TV once (the glasses are filled with cotton candy and once the liquid is poured it melts and turns into a yummy cocktail).

I do agree with whoever said weddings are getting a bit out of hand. It's a wedding, not a show. Performers and these crazy choreographed dances and all the other spectacles make it seem like everyone is just trying to one up everyone else. Not here of course. You can have all the entertainment in the world, but without good food, good people, and good music (and perhaps some good alcohol), it doesn't mean a thing.

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Options
    For me, a good wedding is all about the music.  If it sucks, the wedding sucks.  I want to dance!!  We didn't have a dance, which made me sad.  We were at an outdoor venue at a hotel and we couldn't have amplified music/noise after 9pm for noise regulations.  We instead did a 40 min Polynesian show/luau which was super fun cos at one point the dancers pulled up guests and us to dance a hula (we got married in Hawaii, so it fit).  Lots of people said they had been thinking of going to a luau but didn't feel the need to pay for it after that.  After 9pm, we went down to the hotel restaurant for the after party with karaoke, which as also a lot of fun.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards