November 2013 Weddings

major dress dilemma...HELP!!! (11/23/13 bride)

My dress has still NOT arrived!!! It was due to ship July 5th and have not heard any updates. I've been into the shop a few times since and they don't seem concerned that hasn't arrived. I'm trying to remain calm, but I'm starting to panic. A naked walk down the aisle is NOT my idea of a fun time. What do I do? I don't even know where I could buy a dress "of the rack" (the sample size of my gown in the store was about 2 sizes too small)...ideas? advice? Plan B...

Re: major dress dilemma...HELP!!! (11/23/13 bride)

• button6004button6004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    My dress hasn't arrived either. I don't really know why you are stressing yourself out- you have more time than I do.

Relax. It will arrive in time.

ETA: I ordered my dress in December 2012 and it should have arrived at the beginning of August an still isn't in. I'm not letting it stress me out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I wouldn't stress out this much. There isn't any harm in seeing if there is a tracking number on the shipment and maybe trying to locate where it is on it's shipment or have your salon see how the order is coming along. If the salon is telling you that there is a problem since they are handling the order (I'm assuming) then there is a reason to worry a little but if you don't know anything and the salon has remained unconcerned at this point then I'm sure things are progressing.

I'm sorry you're stressed though, maybe try to focus on something else instead of the dress. Any new checks lately?
  • im sorry that you are stressed.. I think you have time.. im not sure what your date is.. but we are not even at the time to have to first fitting...breath love it will be fine.. as long as you have ordered a dress and the main issue is waiting on it to be delievered.. then you are good.. HTH

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • I'm sorry this is worrying you. I think that you still have plenty of time. You don't need to do alterations this far out, so you are still okay. My dress just arrived for my 11/9 wedding but my original expected date was early October and my consultant said a month before is pretty normal and would have time for fittings and alterations. 
  • Thanks all....I know I'm probably jumping the gun a bit. I also ordered Dec 2012, so I guess that is making me a bit anxious...since I was told it should have been here weeks ago. I am nervous about the fittings I think more than anything since my weight has been all over the place lately! 

Positive note: we get to check off our ceremony details tonight, and short of seating charts, I'm pretty much "done"...YAY! :)

(maybe I'm stressing about the dress since there isn't much else to fret over at this given moment!) :)
  • Wow I didn't realize there were dresses that took THAT long to come in.  I'm glad I didn't order the type of dress that you did because we didn't even get engaged until February!  I was expecting mine to be delivered in September but it arrived in July.  It didn't come in correct though, the length was supposed to be cut to my height and they only cut the lining (WTF right?), so the shop will be having to do extra alterations on it at no cost to me.  I would rather have them take longer and it come in right, than early and wrong...
  • Wow I didn't realize there were dresses that took THAT long to come in.  I'm glad I didn't order the type of dress that you did because we didn't even get engaged until February!  I was expecting mine to be delivered in September but it arrived in July.  It didn't come in correct though, the length was supposed to be cut to my height and they only cut the lining (WTF right?), so the shop will be having to do extra alterations on it at no cost to me.  I would rather have them take longer and it come in right, than early and wrong...

Most dresses take anywhere from 6-10 months to arrive.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• wow, i didnt know they took that long. 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• I am a 11/23 bride too and my dress hasn't arrived. I wouldn't stress about it.... you don't want to do your first fitting too far in advance anyway!
  • Well posting that yesterday must have been good luck, but I got a call that my dress arrived soon after posting! I'm sure yours will arrive any day. In fact, she wasn't even in a rush to get me in there for my first fitting, but did say you should do your first fitting at least 6 weeks out. You're in good shape - don't stress! Now I just have to go get a corset and hope my shoes arrive soon....
  • My dress shop didn't schedule me until 5 weeks out for the first fitting, so it is shop specific regarding time frame needed.
  • My dress arrived last night - yeah!! :) 6 weeks out. . . 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards