Pennsylvania-Central

Late Fall/Early Winter Indoor Venue

I'm desperate to try and find a venue that is unique and nice, not too expensive, and will look nice for a ceremony. Any suggestions please!

Re: Late Fall/Early Winter Indoor Venue

• The Trust in downtown Lancaster is gorgeous, and they are willing to negotiate on price. The State Museum in Harrisburg is very cheap, and the state Capitol rotunda is free (though you need to take out liability insurance, which is not expensive). Good luck!
  • What is your price range? Liberty Forge, Ski Roundtop come to mind. Any hotel ballroom would be nice!
  • Skip Hotel Ballroom's for a ceremony.  Most are bleek and beige.  The York Heritage Trust, Perfect Settings in Columbia, Mulberry Art Studio, Susquehanna Art Museum, Civil War Museum, Cork Factory Hotel, Harrisburg Civic Club, I also believe one of the colleges in Carlisle/shippensburg allow venue rentals but can't remember which venue area?
  • The Carlisle Ribbon Factory looks fantastic too!  I am not sue what your style preferences are, but I can tell you not to limit your searching to TK.  There are many great sites that will help you find venues.  Many of the lower budget ones aren't listed here because the knot charges a higher fee to list vendors than other sites...not that I'm complaining about TK, but it is true!

Good luck!

• Mkincaid FYI, the Capitol is actually charging a fee now. I can't remember - I think it's $250-500 plus the liability insurance. It's because they no longer have a security guard on staff and that basically pays to have someone there. Not expensive at all, but not free anymore.

• Katie8797Katie8797 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2014
    Coleman Chapel in Lebanon. It's $300 for just a morning rental from 8am-11:30am or all day rental of around $2600. It has an outdoor tent for reception if you want to stay all in one place. It is very beautiful old building.  
    http://www.colemanchapel.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards