Wedding Woes

Major Peeve

No matter how interesting and smart you think you sound, as soon as you say "Nucular", you are done. Do you hear me?

DONE.

Re: Major Peeve

• Oh yes.  And I work with power plants, so I get to hear it a lot. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Or realAtor. No. Noooooooo
  • WaRshing machine and supposingly.  MIL says both. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh, I hear supposebly. *smh*
  • Oface- just to clarify, in my line of work, we deal with whistleblowers and qui tam law suits. We call the plaintiff whistle blower the Relator, pronounced Re-late- er. I understand what you're saying, just pointing out someone could be mixing up those who sue big companies and those who help you find your home :)
  • No...chipmunk I highly doubt most people even know what you're referring to. I stand by my original statement.
  • H's grandmother has a bunch, the two that drive me the most crazy are enVellup and coopuns.
  • tor-let. 
  • She also says "do there be any tea" and POLE-ece and DEE-troit, actually everything she says drives me crazy, she has been living with us for the past few months and I'm about to have a nervous breakdown.
  • i dated a guy who said "lay-TAY" for "latte." 
  •  H is starting to adopt MIL's habit of just using a random word that starts with the same letter as the word they mean. He kept saying "lidocaine" (you know, the pain meds?) instead of "loratidine" (generic term for Claritin) the other day. Dude. Just say "claritin" or "generic claritin" or "allergy meds" or something. Don't just pick a different word that you KNOW is wrong. 

MIL, at least, will sometimes just say, "la-as;ldkvow, la-wellvis... I don't know. It starts with L." 

Drives. Me. Nuts. 

And yes, both do many of the abovementioned things as well. Back-oh's. Wal-Mark. Warsh. GAH!

Thanks for letting me get that out. :)

• Here in the south the Wal-Mark and MacDonalds are very common.
  • I've never heard Wal-Mark. Interesting.

I'm sure that I say a lot of things wrong. H has been on a kick lately with the word vulnerable which he pronounces as vun-er-able. Drives me crazy.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need people to stop saying "dinnit" for didn't.

And just prounounce the "g" in "-ing".  "een" isn't the same thing.  You aren't "waiteen", you are "waitinG".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards