online rsvp

2»

Re: online rsvp

• Options
    ashleyepashleyep member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited September 2013
    Itsthevix said:

I don't understand - why would you encourage me to find a way to do something we don't want to do, for people who don't want us to do it? :/

Like I said, my fiancé and I had this discussion with our friends day before yesterday and this is what they - and we - all decided worked for us as a group. The STD will be a cool graphic postcard that they will want to keep. The formal invite is just an invite to them. It'll be nice and formal and everything my Nana wants to see in an invite, but nothing that this group needs or wants. I'm looking over at my fridge and there are three STD cards from the last three weddings for couples in our circle. They're funny and cool and they'll live there for as long as the magnets hold. I didn't feel slighted at all that no formal invites were mailed to us, because that didn't matter to us. There was still plenty of love, laughter, adoration, dancing, great food and good fun. :)

I'm not encouraging you to do anything. I don't have a problem with you not sending paper invites if they don't want them. And only if you're 100% sure they don't want them.

I am surprised that they would be okay with paper save the dates which are also a waste of paper. You could just as easily send them an STD email.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We did both. We included the traditional reply cards and put a note at the bottom letting guest know they could reply online. So far everyone had preferred to mail back the card.
  • Options
    I had both. There was an online form that emailed me, and everyone got formal rsvp cards. It was handy to be able to send stragglers a link. I would say about 15 of our 150 invitees used the online option, and I forgot to put the link on the invite- it was only on the Save the Date.
    "I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you."image
    July 12, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards