Favors

Candy Buffet

I'm considering doing a candy buffet as favors at the reception but was curios to see if anyone else has done one or is planning on doing one?

If so... How cost effective are they? How many different kinds of candy should you have and how much candy should you get??

Thanks!!

Re: Candy Buffet

• I am planning on doing a candy buffet as favors!  I know someone who owns a candy shop and he said that it will generally cost between $1.50-2 per person for the candy.  I don't know how much actual candy that is, however.
    The candy shop is going to provide jars, scoops and tongs for some of the candy, and I am going to DIY some cute trays and stands.  We will probably end up having around 10 different types of things, and then buying bags or cute boxes for guests to take their candy home in.  
    Since I love baking and chocolate I will be making oreo balls and cake pops way in advance (they both freeze really well) for the candy buffet, as well as chocolate coated pretzel rods.  All of these in matching colors :) Good luck!  I know there are some websites that you can purchase your color coordinated candy from, but maybe look in your area for a small, locally owned candy shop.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have never seen a candy bar as favours, only as the 'late night snack' option. I think it's a great idea to have the candy bar as the favours! The weddings I've been to with candy bars have had a lot of different selection and gave us little reusable bags or little clear plastic bags to fill up (and we could fill them up as many times as we liked throughout the night).

Great idea!

• It may be best to do your own candy in bags or something because if you have a greedy guest or two it may come down to ppl not getting anything if they are busy socializing or dancing the night away. I know at my sister's wedding my parents and the grooms mother didn't get any wedding cake because some helped themselves to some extra slices and they were last group to leave. You wouldn't want that to happen with your favors. : )

• I have been to a wedding with a candy buffet and they had small white noodle boxes to fill! They were so cute and it was the best favor I have ever received!!
  • If your wedding is after Halloween stock up on the clearance candy. Check the expiration dates, but most candy keeps for months - almost a year. We did this and had premium candy at a fraction of the cost ! GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We are doing a candy buffet. My fiancé works in catering at a very nice country club (so he sees a lot of weddings) and he is adamant on having one, because "people love them".  We are going to put out little take home bags in our colors.

As for how much you should buy, what i have read is you will need about 50 pounds of candy per 100 guests.

• You will need about 4 ounces per guest as some will take less and some will take more.  You also have to consider the bulk of the candy you choose and the type of bags you will be using.  I do this professionally and am always happy to give advice to brides.  Please message me if you have any questions.  Good luck.
  • We are doing a candy buffet. My fiancé works in catering at a very nice country club (so he sees a lot of weddings) and he is adamant on having one, because "people love them".  We are going to put out little take home bags in our colors.

As for how much you should buy, what i have read is you will need about 50 pounds of candy per 100 guests.

Is that 50 pounds per 100 guest total or 50 pounds per 100 guest per each kind of candy??

• cidefi said:

We are doing a candy buffet. My fiancé works in catering at a very nice country club (so he sees a lot of weddings) and he is adamant on having one, because "people love them".  We are going to put out little take home bags in our colors.

****************************************************** Is that 50 pounds per 100 guest total or 50 pounds per 100 guest per each kind of candy??
    Total. Unless you are giving out reese cup, then you might need two pounds of them for each guest ;-9
    No seriously, 2 lbs or less per guest. I think that's a little high. I'd go with 1-1.5 lbs each.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'm planning on doing a candy table/buffet. Not sure which candies yet but I'm thinking of doing a smaller table not a giant one. 

I'm thinking of doing clear containers (glass, crystal, not sure yet) and filling them up with the candy. I'm looking for dark blue and silver candy but if I can't find any then I'll just do most popular. We haven't figured everything out yet. 

I'm making notes on the weight/quanity that everyone is commenting about. I'm just not sure where to set it up....

BrandiN85 - do you know where you'll be setting it up? Or how you want it to look? 

>.> My FMIL & Cousin in law is driving me nuts. They don't like how I want it set up xD Anyways, we'll get over that. Since they're driving me crazy about this one thing,  I have a question to add onto OP's question if that' okay: How did you or how will you set up the table? Where was it during the reception? Did you have them bring it out for desert while you cut the cake or was it set up throughout the entire reception time? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @cli242009 check out www.candywarehouse.com for candy in colors. I found so much there. Hope this helps.
  • cidefi said:
    @cli242009 check out www.candywarehouse.com for candy in colors. I found so much there. Hope this helps.
    THANK YOU O_O  =) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I noticed that you said you were doing a smaller table.  Candy Warehouse only sells in bulk. If you want smaller quantities I would check out www.ohnuts.com.  They sell in smaller quantities and will ship for free with any order over $99.  I have ordered from this company and have been very pleased with thier candies and fast shipping.  GL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards