Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Ceremony Help!

My fiance and I booked the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium for early April, but have no clue where to have our ceremony.  Neither of us go to church and we are a little concerned about the weather that time of year.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Ceremony Help!

• Options

Just to clarify, we booked the Aquarium for our reception

• Options
    jenn77bjenn77b member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    I'm thinking Phipps, but the indoor rooms don't hold that many for a seated ceremony.  Also, you can do ceremony only at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts in Shadyside. 
  • Options

Can you have your ceremony at the zoo as well?

How many guests do you have?

• Options
    how about the walled garden by Center for the Arts?
  • Options
    How many guests? 

The other question is how close do you want things to be? From most places, it's a bit of a drive to the zoo/aquarium. Are you willing to go further than Oakland?

And is there a price consideration at all? 
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the help! To answer your questions, we're expecting between 50-75 guests.  Unfortunately the Zoo doesn't allow ceremonies, but I don't mind a little bit of a drive between the ceremony and the reception. As far as price is concerned we don't want something extremely expensive but don't really have a set budget.
  • Options
    What about the Studio on Fifth? It's not too far of a drive, the capacity is just about right, and the venue is frankly pretty amazing and customizable. It's also unique, which fits with your aquarium reception. From what I hear, the pricing is reasonable.

I also second the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. 

I'm not sure if Mansions on Fifth will let you do ceremony only, and they may be pricier, but their space has an outdoor/indoor option with both being just as nice, so you could possibly catch the outdoor option if the weather turned nice while having a viable indoor option as well.

Finally, I'm not entirely sure that they'll do ceremony only, but it would be amazing to keep with the animal theme and do the reception at the Aviary! 

Oh, wait, one last thought! I can't find any information on wedding ceremonies there, but I swear I heard that there was a wedding ceremony at the Oakland branch of the Carnegie library the other month! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards