October 2014 Weddings

October 18th, 2014

Re: October 18th, 2014

• Congrats! We are doing our photos next week and plan to send ours out at the 11 month mark. We chose to send them out so far in advance because many of our guests are OOT and will require booking. STDs are generally sent out from 12 to 6 months before. 
  • I am also an October 17th....Congrats Ladies!!!! These message boards sure are helpful. I thought I was alone planning ahead of time.
  • we aren't putting any deposits on venues down until mid september but we are hoping for october 18th!! :)
  • we aren't putting any deposits on venues down until mid september but we are hoping for october 18th!! :)

its best not to wait! I put my deposit down in june of this year and she only had two dates in october 2014 left!
    Anniversary
  • I just sent out my STDs last week because my future mother-in-law kept harping on me about getting them out ASAP.  Almost all of their family is on the east coast, and we're in San Diego, so she wanted to give them enough time to book things. But, they can't book anything until October, I've checked with airlines and hotels, and most will let you book a year in advance at the earliest.  

Also, I had no idea what the sweetest day was, and the upside is that CA vendors don't raise prices for it because we don't celebrate it here!  May make a mention to it on the day
  • rsbloom said:
    I just sent out my STDs last week because my future mother-in-law kept harping on me about getting them out ASAP.  Almost all of their family is on the east coast, and we're in San Diego, so she wanted to give them enough time to book things. But, they can't book anything until October, I've checked with airlines and hotels, and most will let you book a year in advance at the earliest.  

Also, I had no idea what the sweetest day was, and the upside is that CA vendors don't raise prices for it because we don't celebrate it here!  May make a mention to it on the day
    That is REALLY early! You are still 13 months out. I would have told my MIL to CHILL! 
    Anniversary
  • A lot of our guests will be OOT too, so I wasn't sure when the best time to send them out in courteously to the guests would be. Glad to see others are on the same page - we will probably get them out within the next couple months. Cant believe its almost a year and month away! 

We already put the deposit down for our venue, and have booked our photographer and DJ. So I feel better knowing I have the main important things down! Cant wait to get everything else rolling. :) 
  • I know! But I figured I would pick my battles lol
  • I'm officially 10/18/2014 also! I'm having a country wedding ceremony outdoors, and reception in a barn in rural Iowa. So excited!
  • We have our guest list set, but I wont send out STD until I can block out the hotel rooms. 

• October 18, 2014 here too! So excited :) Anyone in NEW YORK?
  • Officially one year from today until all of our wedding day! Congrats, everyone! Is everyone else getting as super excited as I am? :)
  • I am super excited! And stuff for me to work on centerpieces is being delivered today! What all does everyone have left to do? I have to book the baker, and the dj and talk to our officient "officially" I have to shop for BM dresses and get the alcohol and book the rental for the table cloths, I have to make the corsages and bouts for parents and GM and get the banquet license and event insurance and order our intvite suite... and I think thats it...
    Anniversary
  • Sounds like you are on a roll! I havent even thought about making centerpieces yet! Most recently, we booked the officiant for our wedding. We have also already booked the venue, DJ and photographer. Currently, I am talking to the location we would like to have our rehearsal dinner at. Next on my list is researching floral shops, and I will be having my first dress shopping next month! Still so much to do though! Ah!
  • Officially one year from today until all of our wedding day! Congrats, everyone! Is everyone else getting as super excited as I am? :)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Are plans starting to come along with everyone else? We have booked to get our engagement photos done on the 10th of November. We are hoping to get our Save the Dates out by December! I've been trying to get a lot of inspiration (thanks to Pinterest) for Fall floral in my wedding colors, because I dont know a whole lot about floral and whats considered in season for October. Other than that, things are definitely rolling for this Maryland bride!
  • I have a whole to do list of things. I have decided I am going to take a break "planning" til after the holidays because I cannot handle it. So I am currently working on centerpieces (46 votive holders to modge podge). After the new year we will book our DJ and cake vendor and start making appts to go BM dress shopping (I already have my dress). Oh and I need to buy the new HP stamps that the USPS is releasing in two weeks.
    Anniversary
  • It's my wedding day too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • We just did our engagement photos yesterday and plan on sending out the save the dates in Feb. :)
  • Happy Wedding Year, everyone! We will be sending out our Save the Dates (they came out great! If you havent yet done this, I did it through Wedding Paper Divas) this weekend! I didnt announce this but I found my dress over Thanksgiving weekend and I couldnt be more excited about it! 

Also, yesterday, my future in-laws booked our honeymoon! 4 days after the wedding, we will be flying to St Lucia for a Sandals honeymoon for a week. So stoked! 

How is everyone's plans coming along? Since we have dress and bridesmaid dresses, we are going to start talking floral, and we still need to figure out cake.
  • Yes!!! We are October 18, 2014...in the process of switching venues though because a caterer wanted over $4,000 for food for less than 150 people...no stress..new place has been amazing.
  • We got our engagement and save the dates done in October of 2013 with fall colors. We have yet to send out our save the dates though.
  • My new worry is about bridesmaid dress shopping. I have 6 girls, and they are all very different shapes, sizes, and personalities! I am so worried it will be amazingly difficult for everyone to agree on something. We are going Feb. 1st. Wish me luck!! 
    I ordered 10 save the dates so I could make sure I liked them before ordering a whole bunch. They should arrive any day, and I'm very excited! 
  • I thought that dresses would be a hassle also but it turned out being a lot more stress-free! My MOH is the only one in my group of 4 who has a different body type so I was able to get her a more unique dress to comply with her body type compared to the other dresses that looked great on the tall and skinny body type. They are going to look beautiful!

I'm not really sure when to begin ordering invitations and start getting items for the ceremony and reception (favors, sand ceremony pieces) since I am one who loves to get things done as soon as possible. Arghh. Cant believe we are almost 9 months away!
  • Hi! Congratulations!  I just got engaged on New Year's Eve, but I'm already set on October 18th in Detroit!  I feel like I'm 6 months behind...
  • That's lucky that your maid of honor was the one with the different body type! I got my save the dates today, and I'm happy with them, so I'll be ordering the rest. Phew! I'm always so glad to get something else checked off my list. Tomorrow I'm going veil shopping, which means I get to put my dress on again! Woohoooo! Not sure how I'm going to explain the weight gain (from the holidays) since I purchased the dress, when the goal was obviously to loose weight! Good thing I've got another 9 months to take care of that. Has anyone else had nightmares about their wedding yet!? Because I've already had a few. 
  • @Megp922 I'm from NY too! Where a bouts in NY are you? I'm Hudson Valley area. 

weeniedogs I will be in St. Lucia at Sandals Halcyon for our Honeymoon too! Which one are you staying at?

hkda2003 I just did bridesmaids shopping and all my girls are different shapes and sizes. It was surprisingly less stressful that I thought it would be. We settled on one dress that flatters all of them, but I told them they can alter the neckline in any way they want so that they feel comfortable. So they can leave it strapless, add straps, wear a shawl, make it a halter. (some of them are very large chested and then some of them have itty bitty uppers)

@thaley316 Don't worry about it! Many of us here have been engaged for over a year and are super impatient, me included. You have plenty of time to get everything in order. Congratulations!!! 
  • hkda2003 said:
    That's lucky that your maid of honor was the one with the different body type! I got my save the dates today, and I'm happy with them, so I'll be ordering the rest. Phew! I'm always so glad to get something else checked off my list. Tomorrow I'm going veil shopping, which means I get to put my dress on again! Woohoooo! Not sure how I'm going to explain the weight gain (from the holidays) since I purchased the dress, when the goal was obviously to loose weight! Good thing I've got another 9 months to take care of that. Has anyone else had nightmares about their wedding yet!? Because I've already had a few. 

Nightmares? Oh HELL yeah!! The one from the other night was that I was with my sister (MOH) to pick up some things for the wedding and while I was in the store I realized that the wedding was the next day.... I called my fiancé frantically to tell him to book a restaurant for the rehearsal dinner and then ran around the store to find wrapping paper because I hadn't wrapped the bridesmaids gifts yet. I found some Merry Christmas wrapping paper in the storeroom and asked the clerk if I could just have it.

I hadn't sent out invitations yet so I ran to the pay phone (yes ... Pay phone) to call people to tell them about the wedding. So yup.... I'm having nightmares all right. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow that one has a lot of twists and turns! I recently had a nightmare that my hair was ruined within an hour of getting it done (by some random person I went to high school with). So I was roamed the streets frantically asking everyone if they knew how to do an up-do! I also had a dream that my engagement ring fell apart completely. Imagine how bad the dreams are going to be the closer we get to the big day! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards