North Carolina-Outer Banks

OBX wedding on a budget

I am currently planning a Summer 2015 wedding in OBX. We are currently expecting 50-80 guests, but are trying to keep it as economical as possible. Any ideas for reception sites for 4,000 or less (including food and drink) that isn't a banquet hall type? I love the kitty hawk pier look but it is just too expensive for the small wedding we are planning.

Re: OBX wedding on a budget

• Several things to consider in keeping prices down.. off-season and a mid-week wedding. Jennette's Pier and the Whalehead Club are out for sure.. Beach Ball Events (Mallard's Marsh) is out.. I don't know what 108 Budleigh rents for, that might be an option? I think it will be very hard for you to do this.. Even if you take out an event site rental, you are only looking at $50 per person, at 80 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 108 Budleigh is not a budget option
  • Not sure what they charge but Pamlico Jacks does on site catering.
  • My co-worker used Kelly's on site catering...they provide all plates and linens Kelly's and Pamlico Jacks are owned by the same compay.I met Mr. Kelly. Seems nice.. Perhaps you get an event home and use that...  summer weddings are wicked expensive. No way half my guests could afford summer rates for hotels! That's why I went with October...turns out to be their most popular month!

• If you want some pricing for Pamlico Jacks at the resturant I can send you the packet we got from Dave the manager...keep in mind if you have your dinner/stuff there, they charge a room rental fee for the big room that overlooks the sound... We got it for 500 dollars on a Thursday night in October and are doing a buffet there for 38.11 all in (tax, sodas, coffee, tea)... NOT including booze.
  • Talk to Stripers in Manteo. It isn't a big venue yet in terms of popularity but I think it will get there. I just had my rehearsal dinner there this past weekend. It was $32-something for food per person (and was delicious) and the room to rent was $200. Room cost went down to $100 with more than 30 people. Alcohol not included in that cost, though. There are multiple size rooms and it looks over the sound. Alfredo (the manager) was great to work with.
  • I don't know if it's at all what you're looking for (might be too close to a banquet hall for you), and we are probably not going to rent a place for a reception due to several factors (very small group being one)...but one I had bookmarked previously was the Sea Ranch Resort. I know nothing about it except what I read/saw on their website, but their pictures are beautiful and they look to be right on the beach. They provide tables, linens, chair covers, etc. At the highest point of the year the rent is $1600 - but it also says there is a food & beverage minimum depending on the time of year (not sure what the minimum is). Their food prices have a large range depending on whether you want just apps/buffet/full plated meal. Anyway just thought I would share incase that isn't somewhere you've heard of (I hadn't, just stubled upon them while doing a desperate search for something within our budget!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards