Wedding Woes

RSVPissed!

Re: RSVPissed!

• @Wzz - i always wondered about that - people always seem to list months until 2yo or sometimes even 3yo. when does it end? People seem to look at me a bit crazy when I say Wolverine is 2, but I think 34mo is a little too specific and I'm too damn lazy to calculate on a moment's notice. 

I'll be 363mo next week! 
    I agree. I loath the months thing. When i have kids (hopefully a very long time from now!) It will be expressed in years. "almost 1" even lol
  • I stopped using months after 18 months.  The math is annoying for all involved.  I will use halfs or almost 3/4/5.
  • @hmonkey oh god i hope so! Lol FH wants like 5 kids. Ew.
  • This has been an interesting day for RSVPs.
    First, one of FI friends texted him today and asked if they could bring their infant (5 or 6mos idk) because she is breastfeeding. We are having NO kids at our wedding. Specifically were not on the invitations because we do not want kids there. The venue is a fine restaurant with a ballroom on the second floor, not very kid friendly. They also have a horrible toddler that is uncontrollable and threw rocks at my dog the ONLY time they were invited to our home. They do nothing to control their children and just smiled at how cute it was that he was trying to play "fetch." I know it is difficult to be away from a child while BFing, but she is the type to let the thing cry during the ceremony or BF in the middle of the reception. I don't want to allow her infant, which will almost certainly be followed up with fishing for a toddler invite. We do not like the mother and cannot stand the toddler. FI sent him a text back asking if there was any way around it, bc we are not having any children there. They have yet to respond. Is it bad that I hope she stays home and he comes alone? 

Then, we get a phone call from FMIL who is absolutely fuming about another RSVP. F-BIL is an OOT and was one of the first cards we got back more than a month ago. FMIL and the wife had been talking about the wedding and planning their trip out for it the entire time. They just called her to say that wife won't be coming because she planned a bridal shower for one of her relatives at her house (2 states away) the day after our wedding! Wonderful! And better yet, Hubby is still coming and bringing their 6yr old daughter in wife's place. YOU CAN'T JUST SUB SOMEONE IN!! We are having a formal reception with passed hors d'oeuvres, plated dinner blah blah blah. Totally not going to work. They have another kid that's like idk maybe 1 now. That kid is staying at home with mom and au pair. They never even asked anyone if it was ok. They are just sending this kid to our wedding as a replacement guest. FMIL is taking a day to calm and then trying to head this off by calling them and asking if they need help finding a babysitter out this way. I hope that sends the message. 

This is not OK

There's only one more couple with kids that are invited. Worst. Kids. Ever.  Break everything they touch, scream, run, jump, hit.  

I'm going to need a bouncer... 
    And perhaps a tiny little cage for the tag-a-longs...
    Let "the thing" cry? Aren't you the peach of humanity. If you don't want children at the reception, that's cool, srsly. But dehumanizing and demonizing the kids isn't necessary.
    True, but some children truly aren't lovely to be around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hmonkey said:
    he wants kids and you don't?

this should go well.
    Oh God. Hubs and I talked about kids, marriage, religion, and all the important subjects on our first or second date. We're both older, and wanted to know exactly what we were getting into before things got too far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does your FI know how you feel about children?  Or how you feel about his friends and family?
  • The OP is a pill, but these guests sound truly irritating, and kids are annoying as fuck.  Why are you giving her such a hard time for hating the little anklebiters?
  • @auntflo we have talked about all of that important crap like kids already. He knows and he said 5 kids so we compromise at like 2 lol
    These aren't MY opinions of his friends and family. We talked about this extensively hours before i posted. These are OUR opinions, we generally agree on almost everything.

I'm not talking about nice ppl that may be just making a mistake. These ppl suck. The kind of ppl that tell their kids the Christmas presents from everyone else are from mommy and daddy.

It's just aggravating, which was the only point of this whole thread....lol
  • @ReturnofKuus - to be honest, mainly because she used the c-word and probably because things are slow.  But in general, she uses very harsh language when referring to children.  That's fine that she hates them, but unless you're 85 years old and tellnig them to get off your lawn, you usually keep those things to yourself.  
    Also, when you hate kids so much you usually don't compromise and say you'll have 2.  That's just swell.
  • I don't think she hates all kids, just these kids.

I'm picky about what kids I like, admittedly.  IRL, there's only 2 that I would voluntarily spend time around and 1 is in danger of falling off the list.

• Ah, I didn't read her other responses very carefully.
  • I will admit, planning to have two kids when you know you hate kids is... odd.
  • @Wzz - i always wondered about that - people always seem to list months until 2yo or sometimes even 3yo. when does it end? People seem to look at me a bit crazy when I say Wolverine is 2, but I think 34mo is a little too specific and I'm too damn lazy to calculate on a moment's notice. 

I'll be 363mo next week! 

This made me laugh :)

• I will admit, planning to have two kids when you know you hate kids is... odd.
    Really, how much work can they be? Stick them in front of Nick Jr. and throw some gold fish crackers at them once a week, maybe a bowl of water and continue with your life.
  • fmbyo said:

Really, how much work can they be? Stick them in front of Nick Jr. and throw some gold fish crackers at them once a week, maybe a bowl of water and continue with your life.
    Are you watching me through my windows?! CREEPER!
  • fmbyo said:

I will admit, planning to have two kids when you know you hate kids is... odd.

Just make sure they are organic.
  • fmbyo said:

Are you watching me through my windows?! CREEPER!
    I like your shiny pants.
  • This can not be real. Seriously.

And come on. Half of this board hates kids. They just aren't stupid enough to actually marry someone who wants a shitton of them.

• This is something to be said for people who want kids but are dreading certain stages of raising them . . . For example, I can say that I really dislike babies.  But once kids can talk and you can tell them what to do, things get much better in my opinion.  Maybe OP hates young kids but she'll be better with older ones?
    Maybe I'm stretching . . .

• @auntflo we have talked about all of that important crap like kids already. He knows and he said 5 kids so we compromise at like 2 lol These aren't MY opinions of his friends and family. We talked about this extensively hours before i posted. These are OUR opinions, we generally agree on almost everything. I'm not talking about nice ppl that may be just making a mistake. These ppl suck. The kind of ppl that tell their kids the Christmas presents from everyone else are from mommy and daddy. It's just aggravating, which was the only point of this whole thread....lol
    So... you don't want kids. You hate them. You are marrying a man who wants five. So you'll compromise and have two kids that you don't want. I'm sure that will work out well. Good luck.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sheesh, let lauren rant. that's what this board is for, anyway. if she needs to blow off steam, then this should be the place for it. 
  • Maaaybe you shouldn't have kids. IDK your life though OP.
  • I get that you don't want kids there...but this 6 year old is about to be your niece.  And you can't make an exception for her?  You're going to be a wonderful Aunt.

We are not having children at our wedding; however FSIL is pregnant now and will have a 7 month old at that time.  We cannot imagine not having our niece/nephew (they aren't finding out the sex in advance) at our wedding.  FI's cousin has offered to take responsibility for the baby during the ceremony, and if it is fussy, she will take it to another room (FSIL and FBIL are in the wedding).  If FSIL needs to breast feed, she'll do that in the bathroom, no big deal.

I mean yes, you probably have to take a stand somewhere, but for immediate family i think it's a little crazy to exclude a few kids.

• delujm0 said:

I get that you don't want kids there...but this 6 year old is about to be your niece.  And you can't make an exception for her?  You're going to be a wonderful Aunt.

We are not having children at our wedding; however FSIL is pregnant now and will have a 7 month old at that time.  We cannot imagine not having our niece/nephew (they aren't finding out the sex in advance) at our wedding.  FI's cousin has offered to take responsibility for the baby during the ceremony, and if it is fussy, she will take it to another room (FSIL and FBIL are in the wedding).  If FSIL needs to breast feed, she'll do that in the bathroom, no big deal.

I mean yes, you probably have to take a stand somewhere, but for immediate family i think it's a little crazy to exclude a few kids.

uh, yeah. That's a big deal. WTF? Do you want to eat your dinner in the bathroom?

I was by no  means militant crazy BF woman, but if my kid needed to eat when we were out, she'd eat. BF s difficult enough - why would you try and make it harder on these people?

• delujm0 said:

I get that you don't want kids there...but this 6 year old is about to be your niece.  And you can't make an exception for her?  You're going to be a wonderful Aunt.

uh, yeah. That's a big deal. WTF? Do you want to eat your dinner in the bathroom?

I was by no  means militant crazy BF woman, but if my kid needed to eat when we were out, she'd eat. BF s difficult enough - why would you try and make it harder on these people?

Yeah, I would have had a great time on a 5 hour flight trying to BF in the bathroom. Unless your chosen dress is horrible and she had to unzip it to feed I sure hope you don't expect her to run to the bathroom every 3 to 4 hours.

• You know what though, bfing in the bathroom might be a good excuse to escape.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards