Connecticut

Amarante's Sea Cliff

I am highly considering have my wedding here. Does anyone have any input or reviews if you have ever been to a wedding there before? My biggest issue is that The Inn (the smaller room) has the dance floor in a really weird spot.

Re: Amarante's Sea Cliff

• I recently attended a rehearsal dinner there, it is beautiful and the food was quite good.
  • I'm having my ceremony & reception at Amarante's next June. I did not like the layout of the inn either which is why we picked an "off" day so we could book the ballroom for a lower minimum of guests.

I've had a couple acquaintances mention they've been to different functions at Amarante's and have raved about the service and food. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • congrats on looking there! unfortunately we don't have enough people for the minimum at the ballroom even on a Sunday :(
  • As mother of the bride, we did two weddings there within the past two years.  Let me tell you, they KNOW WEDDINGS.  Their service and communication are amazing.  I didn't have to fret about anything.  We had the ballroom for the two weddings, one was on a Saturday day and one on a Thursday evening.  The cocktail hour was wonderful and the food for the dinner was delicious.  The afternoon wedding did the clambake and the guests loved it. The Thursday night wedding did the traditional wedding with filet and salmon.  I recommended them to a colleague who had her son's wedding there May and she was very pleased too.
  • The Inn is still a beautiful room, just set up a bit awkwardly. The only downside is people will have gather on that one side of the room for the first dance. If you like the location, view, reviews, etc. go for it.

You could also try Anthony's down the street if you want to stay in that area with the cove/water view.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards