Wedding Party

Bridal party gifts on a budget

I have read about getting gifts for your bridal party and have some ideas but I am not sure how much to spend on them. We do not want to spend too much or too little.  

We are hosting a bridal party get together next month at the racetrack, where we are purchasing tables and their tickets.  We are doing this for everyone to get to know each other and it is also a "thank you" for saying "yes" to us.  

Any suggestions would be great!

Re: Bridal party gifts on a budget

• You should first pick a budget and divide it equally amongst each wedding party member. Then shop for them as though it's their birthday. If one of them loves going to the movies then get them tickets, if another loves the spa then get them a gift card to it.
  • Why are you making your bridal party hang out and 'get to know each other'? They don't need to do that. They are standing beside each other for the length of your ceremony. They don't need to be pals.
  • Take the money you're spending on the race track day and apply it to their gifts.  I spent about $50-60 on my BM and $80 on my MOH.
  • The reason why we are doing the racetrack is because we are doing a destination bachelor and bachelorette party.  Thank you mlg78, that is how much I was thinking of spending too but I wasn't sure if that was going to be good. 
  • Love51913 said:
    The reason why we are doing the racetrack is because we are doing a destination bachelor and bachelorette party.  Thank you mlg78, that is how much I was thinking of spending too but I wasn't sure if that was going to be good. 
    I still don't see the need, and did they decide on destination parties or did you?

• Viczaesar, We wanted the destination party.
  • I wanted to do something practical, that they would use, and that wasn't cliche... And I was on a budget!

So I went onto Vistaprint, found a really good deal, and designed (super easy!) a pack of 10 blank note cards with envelopes for each of my girls, with their names on them. They are all different designs. :)

Then I went to Michaels and bought locket charms that are about 1.5 inches around, and on one side of the locket I used cute scrapbooking paper and wrote their 1st initial on it, and on the other side I cut out a word from a thesaurus that I feel like is something that is really important about them -- like passion, happiness, comfort, etc. I'm going to put them on a keychain and attach them to their bouquets for the wedding and then they can use them after!

All in all? Less than $10 per person and so cute and personal! :)
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Love51913 said:
    Viczaesar, We wanted the destination party.

Well...considering the fact that you shouldn't be hosting your own bachelor or bachelorette parties, nor requiring your bridal party to all attend so they can "get to know each other"...

Oh boy.

Spend what you can afford. We purchased all the bridal party attire, too, which was included in our wedding party "gift" budget.

DH spent $200 per groomsman. I spent $250 per bridesmaid.

• I wanted to do something practical, that they would use, and that wasn't cliche... And I was on a budget!

So I went onto Vistaprint, found a really good deal, and designed (super easy!) a pack of 10 blank note cards with envelopes for each of my girls, with their names on them. They are all different designs. :)

Then I went to Michaels and bought locket charms that are about 1.5 inches around, and on one side of the locket I used cute scrapbooking paper and wrote their 1st initial on it, and on the other side I cut out a word from a thesaurus that I feel like is something that is really important about them -- like passion, happiness, comfort, etc. I'm going to put them on a keychain and attach them to their bouquets for the wedding and then they can use them after!

I don't mean to criticize your idea, and I love Vistaprint BTW, but what do you think they will do with these notecards?  Would you send someone a notecard that had your name on it? 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest

I don't mean to criticize your idea, and I love Vistaprint BTW, but what do you think they will do with these notecards?  Would you send someone a notecard that had your name on it? 
    I'm sure they appreciate the personal touches but I'm not a fan. Not to knock being on budgets, because I fully understand that but I feel like less than $10 is rude (unless you didn't have them buy dresses, or shoes or other wedding expenses.) BMs will spend money often throwing your shower, a shower gift, the dresses and hair and shoes and wedding gift. If you are on THAT tight of a budget where you can't spend more than $10 on a BM then you should have fewer people in your party.

• svc2014 said:

I wanted to do something practical, that they would use, and that wasn't cliche... And I was on a budget!

I'm sure they appreciate the personal touches but I'm not a fan. Not to knock being on budgets, because I fully understand that but I feel like less than $10 is rude (unless you didn't have them buy dresses, or shoes or other wedding expenses.) BMs will spend money often throwing your shower, a shower gift, the dresses and hair and shoes and wedding gift. If you are on THAT tight of a budget where you can't spend more than $10 on a BM then you should have fewer people in your party.

Just have to third this.

A friend of mine took her 6 bridesmaids to David's Bridal to help her pick her dress, and to select bridesmaid dresses. She had us buy $149 bridemaid dresses, when she bought her gown off of the $99 sale rack right in front of all of us. She was on a budget, okay cool, I guess. But then our "gift" was a silver clutch from a discount store filled with a kleenex pack, chapstick, and lifesavers mints. Yay.

• I bought each girl an earring and necklace set to wear the day of. I also got them a Stirling silver infinity knot bracelet they could wear when ever that I'm pretty excited about. I felt that it shouldn't all be jewelry though so I bought them each a mason jar wineglass and a bottle of their favorite wine. 

My man of honour got a tie clip since he goes to a lot of different events that would require him to dress up for his line of work, a mason jar wine class and his favorite wine. 

I'm pretty excited about it and I know they will be too. I have six maids and my man of honour, all of which are either family of life long elementary school friends. Having a larger wedding party and being on a tight budget is tough but it just means you need to get creative. Online shopping is your best friend! I got a great deal on the bracelets though a groupon type website and they were exactly what I wanted. When all is said and done I spent between $30 and $40 
  • * $30-$40 per person 
  • What is a mason jar wine glass?

• @viczaesar
    Google "Redneck Wine Glass"
    It's basically a mason jar with a candlestick attached to the bottom (as the stem).
  • Yikes.  Seriously?  Why would anyone want that?

• I think they started out as a sort of gag gift but then people got really into them esp for barn/rustic weddings.
  • Viczaesar said:
    Yikes.  Seriously?  Why would anyone want that?
    Ha! I have one...but that's only because a good friend of mine hosts an annual "red neck party" where we dress the part and I drink trashy wine out of my redneck wine glass. 
  • Viczaesar said:

Yikes.  Seriously?  Why would anyone want that?

I hear you, but I actually know a few people who own them non ironically.
  • We're spending a little more than average on our wedding party as they are spending a lot to fly out to our destination wedding and paying for there own hotel.

But if you're on a budget check out etsy.com, they have a ton of great gifts I think you'll like that are reasonably prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards