Connecticut

Am I going to Freeze at my outdoor ceremony

KateandDan29KateandDan29 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2013 in Connecticut
So today in Connecticut it was about a high 70 degrees in the sun. September has just started and tonight it is about 40 degrees. I have an outdoor ceremony planned for October 4, 2015 at 4 pm...the entire thing will be less than an hour. Do you think we're going to freeze?? 

I have a hot apple cider table planned for guests to drink that and stay warm. I can even buy little blankets... I will be very upset if I have to find an indoor ceremony. Especially since we are not getting married in a church. 

Should I reconsider the outdoor ceremony? Or plan for cooler weather and supply my guests with things to keep them warm for realistically 45 minutes? 

Re: Am I going to Freeze at my outdoor ceremony

• I would do a cute basket of blankets and love the idea of the warm apple cider! Stick with your plan. The weather here is all over the place. For all you know if might end up being 80 that day! 
  • If it's just the ceremony, I think that the hot cider and basket of blankets would be more than adequate for a crisp autumn afternoon.  I think it sounds very charming!
  • Can you rent space heaters?
  • I think you need a backup plan just in case. It could be fine at that time or it could be cold or windy or raining.

Keep in mind that guests will arrive anywhere in the 15-30 min prior to the ceremony range so they could be outside for double the length of your ceremony.
  • I agree that the weather may be quite unpredictable. Providing blankets and warm drinks will be lovely. Anything else you can think of to make guests comfortable will be a plus!
  • maybe warm socks i know that might sound strange but for the ladies who have on nice strappy shoes or open toe maybe some fuzzy socks so their feet are not so cold. 
  • thank you for all of your input.  I believe I can rent space heaters. It's at a friends farm so I may throw out the idea of having a fire pit near the ceremony space to save $$.  If its pouring out... I'll rent a tent I guess. or just cry and buy everyone umbrellas
  • Today it was 90, so there is hope yet ;)
  • thank you for all of your input.  I believe I can rent space heaters. It's at a friends farm so I may throw out the idea of having a fire pit near the ceremony space to save $$.  If its pouring out... I'll rent a tent I guess. or just cry and buy everyone umbrellas

Dear God please tell me you're kidding about the umbrellas. I'm on the main boards a lot and sometimes there are brides on there who honestly think that would be OK.
  • hmm ok :)

Tent is fine. Umbrellas are just a bad idea.
  • Just because you disagree with people's ideas doesn't mean you need to be so rude about it. There are nicer ways of letting people know you don't think something is a good idea.
  • lac1252 said:

Just because you disagree with people's ideas doesn't mean you need to be so rude about it. There are nicer ways of letting people know you don't think something is a good idea.

Was that directed to me?
  • Also how long is your ceremony going to be? Mine was May 4 at 6pm which also could have gone either way and it ended up being warm out. I think even if its on the cooler side early October, you will be fine for 20 or so minutes, if its longer I might reconsider.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards