Wedding Party
Options

Dressing Our Girls

2»

Re: Dressing Our Girls

• Options

Sorry kssmmg, I'm going to have to disagree. I'm glad you have such a great relationship with your step-kids though.

I think step-parents making promises during the wedding ceremony is just odd and out of place. And these girls are young ladies, not little girls. If my (ex) step-mother had made a promise like this to me during her wedding to my father, not only would she have been making a false promise, I would have thought it was creepy as heck. I was 14 when he remarried. I didn't hate my step-mother, but I wanted nothing to do with her wedding ceremony to my father.

• Options
    PDKH said:

Sorry kssmmg, I'm going to have to disagree. I'm glad you have such a great relationship with your step-kids though.

I think step-parents making promises during the wedding ceremony is just odd and out of place. And these girls are young ladies, not little girls. If my (ex) step-mother had made a promise like this to me during her wedding to my father, not only would she have been making a false promise, I would have thought it was creepy as heck. I was 14 when he remarried. I didn't hate my step-mother, but I wanted nothing to do with her wedding ceremony to my father.

I was a teenager when I attended my dad and stepmom's DW. I would have been weirded out and put on the spot if I had been involved in the vows somehow. It was their wedding, not mine.

Anniversary

• Options

PDKH said:

I was a teenager when I attended my dad and stepmom's DW. I would have been weirded out and put on the spot if I had been involved in the vows somehow. It was their wedding, not mine.

We just all agree to disagree and i am good with that. You are all quite passionate on this topic and each time I don't understand why such a strong reaction occurs. As far as if I would have disagreed with the girls' mother, well, I am not their mother so if it was something to do with their well being it would have been DH's issue to deal with. We disagree, that' fine.

• Options
    OP, especially since they have another bio-parent, it's really even more inappropriate to have a ceremony with them. It would definitely insult their mom, and while you may be okay with that, it will also damage their relationship with all of their parents, you included.
  • Options
    OP you've been on TK since 2007 and you need to go crying to the tech board about deleting this thread?

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards