Jewish Weddings

Jewish color schemes

At most of the Jewish weddings I've been to the color scheme was blue and white or silver.  Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried a different color scheme, and if so, how did that go over?

Re: Jewish color schemes

• I'm doing 2 shades of blue and white for my Jewish wedding, but honestly, I chose those cause blue is my favorite color! If it was up to my fiance (aka, if he *really* cared about it), he would probably pick red and green, cause he knows how much it would "tick(le)" some of his more religious relatives and he sometimes loves to get them all bent out of shape... ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were going to do navy/shades of blue, but I ended up having purples and pinks in my bouquet, and a bunch of colors in our centerpieces.  We didn't have bridesmaids/groomsmen, but we got navy ties for our chuppah carriers.  We were very happy with how it all turned out.  
  • I don't think I have ever been to a blue and white wedding.  Not really sure that color matters in a religious sense.
  • I'm sure it doesn't-it's just that blue and white is a pretty traditional Jewish color scheme for other things, so I've been wondering if anyone has tried any others.
  • I don't think I've been to a wedding with a color scheme, per se.  Yes, the bridesmaids are in some color and maybe there is a color to the linens, so, if that's what you're referring to, then OK.  I've never seen blue and white.  I would say that 90% of the jewish weddings I've been to in the metro NYC area, including mine, were black and white or silver or something like that.  My bridesmaids wore black.  Our linens were traditional white or crème (can't remember).  My flowers were bright colors. 
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • I am having an orange and gray wedding color scheme, and my FI's grandfather (our Rabbi) thinks it's wonderful.  I have never heard of someone having a "Jewish" color scheme strictly because they were Jewish.  My Catholic friend had royal blue and white wedding colors because that is simply what she likes...
  • A Jewish girlfriend of mine who got married a few months ago had peacock colors. I don't remember her mother or family saying anything about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards