Wedding Reception Forum

Which centerpiece do you ladies like best?

I love both looks... was thinking about doing both but thought that would be a little tacky, maybe :/  both have their pros and cons but my choice is def between these 2 setups... which do you like best? submerged flowers or feathers, orchids and crystal strands in an eiffel tower vase?

Re: Which centerpiece do you ladies like best?

• Tchavon1984Tchavon1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
  • Personally, I prefer the submerged flowers and candles one if you really want only one.

I don't think it is tacky to do both if you have the same colours or other unifying parts (such as all white orchids). It looks really nice when you have a mixture of tall and low centrepieces. It really breaks up the room (in a good way) and adds depth.
  • I prefer the submerged flowers with candles.  The other seems too much like a Vegas showgirls stage decoration.

I also don't really feel that the two go together.  The candles are simple yet elegant.  The feather thing is over the top glitzy.  I guess it depends on your personality and the look you are going for with your wedding.

• I prefer the submerged flowers with candles.  The other seems too much like a Vegas showgirls stage decoration.

I also don't really feel that the two go together.  The candles are simple yet elegant.  The feather thing is over the top glitzy.  I guess it depends on your personality and the look you are going for with your wedding.
    I completely agree with this.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I did a sighing *oooooo ahhhh!!* when I saw the submerged flowers. That.
    *********************************************************************************

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    The first centerpiece, the one with the submerged flowers, is my favourite.  Beautiful, classy, and timeless.  ETA "I before E except after C" typo
  • I agree with you ladies the submerged flowers have always been my centerpiece of choice but I saw a deal on some eiffel tower vases and thought about changing it.... but yes I agree the submerged is beautiful and the other is a little to dramatic.... thanx ladies
  • I agree with PPs, but it's a bit too purple for me, personally.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• TeddiD34 said:
    I agree with PPs, but it's a bit too purple for me, personally.
    I think it is the up lighting that is giving the purple effect.  The flowers in the picture are actually pink. My friend had pink up lighting (like in the picture) and it ended up looking more purple then pink.

• I think the candles are more romantic.
  • I prefer the submerged candles. Also keep your guests ability to talk with people on the opposite side of the table in mind when doing tall centerpieces. Sometimes they block your view and it's super annoying.
  • The submerged candles one is pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards