Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cupcakes and pie?

I'm not afraid of it being too non-traditional, as our wedding is going to have more of a picnic/party vibe, with baskets of artisnal cheeses and meats and fresh bread on every table. We want people to eat, just not mediocre, reheated wedding fare.

So when it comes to dessert at our wedding, I am in favor of cupcakes. My fiance really prefers pie to cake. Is it strange to want to do both? Especially for a springtime wedding? (I'm afraid that pies are seen as much more autumn-centric)

Re: Cupcakes and pie?

• Pies have always belonged at any Summer picnic I have ever attended so I don't think you need to worry about them being Autumn-centric.  Having both would be great.
  • I always associate pie with summer (unless it's pumpkin or apple). Berry pies, lemon meringue pie, key lime pie, etc. are all summer pies. 

Sounds delicious!!
    *********************************************************************************

• I went to a wedding with a pie buffet before and it was awesome! We did a dessert table for ours with brownies and mini cupcakes in addition to cake. So I love your idea of pie and cupcakes! Your wedding sounds delicious.
  • Agree with pps. Do both, and it sounds amazing.

Anniversary
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    Desserts are my favourite part of the meal and, in my opinion, the more options the better.  ETA:
  • Sounds delicious!
  • I always associate pie with summer (unless it's pumpkin or apple). Berry pies, lemon meringue pie, key lime pie, etc. are all summer pies. 

Sounds delicious!!
    Same here - go for fruit fillings and steer clear of things that scream fall (like pumpkin) and no one will bat an eye!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards