Knottie Tech Help

Are we being punked?

I keep noting trends of suddenly active posters on either brand new accounts or several years old accounts with little or no previous post history and only pot-stirring comments and challenges and crazy drama.

Something doesn't add up.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: Are we being punked?

• Several are coming in, stirring up trouble, and disappearing.  It's very odd.
  • Seems to me that it might be another WeddingBee invasion.

The sunshine and rainbows and the "it's your special day, honey" attitudes are telltale signs.

• And this is why we need moderators back, because they are actually on the boards a large amount of the time and are there when we need them.

And the KGs don't care what is said on the board.  They never leave this one (if they even come here often).  They probably like the invasion. Makes them more money.  Notice how @knotporscha hasn't responded to any of the questions like this?
  • And this is why we need moderators back, because they are actually on the boards a large amount of the time and are there when we need them.

And the KGs don't care what is said on the board.  They never leave this one (if they even come here often).  They probably like the invasion. Makes them more money.  Notice how @knotporscha hasn't responded to any of the questions like this?
    She was also paged multiple times in some of those crazy ass long threads but never once responded.  A mod would have shut that whole thing down a while ago because at this point posting to it is pointless.

Since this really isn't a money maker for them then why not just re-enlist mods and just let the users handle shit and just have them go back to being big brother and only jumping in when absolutely necessary?

• um, I don't think there are any KGs on duty.

KP hasn't logged on in 2 days, KJ in 7.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • KI was on early this morning but from what I can tell (as of 30 min ago) she hasn't been on since.
  • She doesn't really work for TK anymore though so I won't count her.
    imageimageimage

• Maybe we could try paging the Nest/Bump Gods to get rid of our spammers??  Like the one who has been on CC for a day and numerous pages now??  @NestGods @BumpGods  ???  I don't know who they are.  

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    Well, we could try paging Carly.  I'm afraid she might still be too saddened to respond.  Or she may be too intimidated, since some of the "bad seeds" on this thread looking for "honest feedback" are the ones she blames for destroying the "world’s best place to be a bride."

ETA......word must spread quicker than ever.  It's not even Friday afternoon and yet the spammers have come out early to play.  Morgansara is a busy bee this morning spamming most of the boards.  
  • @Muppetoverlord,

I LOVE YOU. That is all. Ditto everything you said in your last post.
    Anniversary
  • It honestly seems like The Knot is trying to phase out the message boards.
    imageimageimage

It's been almost a week since she's been active. Are they trying to phase out the message boards?
  • Whatever is happening...it's an incredibly poor business decision.

TK management should be embarassed, quite frankly.

• I'm actually kind of surprised that spammers haven't taken over the boards more.  Back when they first took away mods, there was a weekend full of spammers.
  • I'm actually kind of surprised that spammers haven't taken over the boards more.  Back when they first took away mods, there was a weekend full of spammers.

It's a telling tale when even the spammers know a dead board when they see it.
  • Well, instead we have trolls.

imageimageimage

• Because of this thread I spent exactly 2 minutes on Wedding Bee (purely recon). And now I'm stupider. Stupid enough that I just said stupider.

The "ugly" e-ring thread. The 2 or 3 others involving total lack of intelligence and ability to communicate in an adult relationship...

Anniversary

imageimageimage

• Wow this whole senario is so sad!

As a new(ish) user I miss the old Knot....

• Hey Guys! So sorry.... @KnotPorscha got married this weekend. I have been working on other projects. We have teams watching the boards, but they cannot take actions. They've given us links and notes - so, in other words- we'll be tackling as much as possible in the next 24 hours. You can also PM KP any issues you think should be tackled first. Again, sorry we went MIA, but things will be back to normal...
  • Forgot to mention - you are getting mods asap! (public mods....)
  • Forgot to mention - you are getting mods asap! (public mods....)
    Are you asking for volunteers or hand picking them?
  • Hey Guys! So sorry.... @KnotPorscha got married this weekend. I have been working on other projects. We have teams watching the boards, but they cannot take actions. They've given us links and notes - so, in other words- we'll be tackling as much as possible in the next 24 hours. You can also PM KP any issues you think should be tackled first. Again, sorry we went MIA, but things will be back to normal...
    Out of curiosity, whose normal will it be?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards