October 2013 Weddings

UnPop Ops, Confessions, Random Chit Chat

I have just over an hour left of work and I am really bored, so here we go.

Confession: I do not understand hashtags one bit. They are so over used and annoying as shit!

Re: UnPop Ops, Confessions, Random Chit Chat

• edited September 2013
    I highly dislike when people dye their hair colors that aren't found in nature. (I don't mean hot pink or bright blue - that can be quite cool when done well.)

But, when the entire head is dyed the same color brown, or all black, or any shade of red - no. Hair should have highlights and low lights and varying shades of a color (or multiple colors). Choosing a bottle of dye and going that color is never a good idea. Hair color is not an area to save money and DIY - go to a salon!

ETA: An old friend went from bottle red to her natural brown and it is FAR better. She just posted FB pics and that's what made me think of this. The other color was not good and had been that way for years!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Random Chit Chat ~ I either have a really nasty cold or strep.  My boss tested positive on Tuesday for strep.  Went to the doctor today after waking up with a horrible sore throat.  Now I have to wait till Monday for the results.  I really don't have time for this!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Random: FI's friend from college who wrote in his gf on our RSVP broke up... and he thought he was nice enough to let us know not to worry about her anymore.  Confession: we knew they wouldn't last and never put her on our list of yeses when the guest list was finalized...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Random: FI's friend from college who wrote in his gf on our RSVP broke up... and he thought he was nice enough to let us know not to worry about her anymore.  Confession: we knew they wouldn't last and never put her on our list of yeses when the guest list was finalized...
    We have had 6 couples break up since we sent out our invitations. I was starting to worry that our invite was the "black mark" or something awful. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Confession:
    I had a bridezilla meltdown at the tuxedo fittings.

HUGE.  MASSIVE fit.

I'm partially ashamed.  I'm partially vindicated.  I'm semi-annoyed.

FI and I had first gone to the tux shop and settled on black tuxes.  Perfect.  At most, I was told it would run us $135/tux.  Cool, no biggie.

So, we go in Saturday with 4 out of 5 of our men, and FI sees a gray and a charcoal gray tux, which had been hanging there the previous time in, and decides NOW he wants a gray tux.

For the record; everyone BUT my groom is wearing a silver/gray vest/tie.  I also wanted a more classic look for our photos.  FI said now he feels black is too 'funeral'.

I pitched a fit.  I honestly HATED these gray tuxes.  My mom was on my ass about compromise, my dad was all "They're fine with me".

In the end, I tell FI, whatever, just understand I -hate- the gray tuxes.

He has a tanty back and says fine, he wear the black one, but he hates it too.

Come to find out; the black tux is actually only $99.  The gray tux, $149.

So, since we're renting 3 tuxes (FI's, his son's and my son's), I just saved us almost $150.

But it sure left a bad taste in both of our mouths.

I'm a bitch.  I know it.  And I feel bad, and genuinely told him later that if he just MUST have the gray, go back and get it.  I'll still hate it.  I still don't like it, but if it's just what he MUST have, then go get it.

He opted not to.

So, I don't feel SUPER bad.  I saved money, and gave him the out which he chose not to take.

But I'm still a bitch.  :p

Hey, on the upside, he said he'll never have an opinion again about anything.

When asked if I could get that in writing, he said no.

Damn.  Because I had some EXCELLENT plans in that case. 
  • Confession: I am very thankful that my bridesmaids are throwing me a shower and a bachelorette party. But I confess - I can't wait until the weekend is over. The only stress I've had in planning this entire event has been with those festivities - and it hasn't stopped! First it was stress of them trying to keep it a surprise and telling me to put my non-wedding related life on hold for the two months before my wedding so I could drive at a moment's notice. I finally told them I knew when it was - which helped. Now I am getting calls from my sister about friends who are backing out of staying at the hotel the evening of the bachelorette party. 

This more of a complaint than a confession - but I'm also tired of having others interject their opinions about what I should be providing them. One person asked me how I was getting her to and from the rehearsal dinner...another asked how I was getting my guests to and from the reception and ceremony (they are less than .1 miles apart). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession:
    I rather regret telling FI's friends they could 'kidnap' him the weekend prior to our wedding.

So much for some 'down time' together before friends and family descend on us.  *sigh*

And, of course, now that I've agreed to it, I'm remembering all the things we need to get done.  Like, go pick up his Grandmother.  O.O
  • I ordered some mesh ribbon things offline and i forget what i was gonna use one of the colors for. anyone else get this?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession:
    I am not going to pick up crazy Grandma by myself, despite FI asking me to do so.  She's batshit bonkers, which I love, but she'd drive me crazy on a 3+ hour car ride.  Which, incidentally, is just one more thing prior to the wedding I do NOT want to do, while he's out partying with his boys.

So, I'm either going to strong-arm him into taking time off and doing it himself (and going with him), or seeing if his friend from Houston can bring her up with him. 

Because, on the "fair scale", it's not fair to make me go pick up your family member simply because you don't want to take off work, but you expect ME to take an extra day off work to go get her.

Uhm.  No.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards