Wedding Etiquette Forum

Rehersal Help!

background info: This wedding is a destination for everyone besides the me and FH (we live an hour and a half away)

We are having a Hindu wedding and will be holding 2 days of fully hosted bar and food functions for 100ppl. We are having a rehearsal and were originally planning on hosting a rehearsal lunch brunch ect for the wedding party only. His Mom thinks we should just all go to a restaurant or someplace to hang out and every one can pay on their own. I don't know if this is such a good idea with people separating checks ect. Please help!

Re: Rehersal Help!

• ttandmt said:

background info: This wedding is a destination for everyone besides the me and FH (we live an hour and a half away)

We are having a Hindu wedding and will be holding 2 days of fully hosted bar and food functions for 100ppl. We are having a rehearsal and were originally planning on hosting a rehearsal lunch brunch ect for the wedding party only. His Mom thinks we should just all go to a restaurant or someplace to hang out and every one can pay on their own. I don't know if this is such a good idea with people separating checks ect. Please help!

If you have a rehearsal, you must host a meal afterwards.

It can be as simple as pizzas and salad.

• No matter where you go to eat, if you are having people attend a rehearsal then you need to host a rehearsal dinner.  If you don't have a rehearsal then you don't have to host anything and can just say"hey, we are going to X place to eat.  You are more then welcome to come and hang out if you want."  That way people will not feel obligated and can choose whether or not they feel like eating out (and paying for dinner) that night or not.

• No matter where you go to eat, if you are having people attend a rehearsal then you need to host a rehearsal dinner.  If you don't have a rehearsal then you don't have to host anything and can just say"hey, we are going to X place to eat.  You are more then welcome to come and hang out if you want."  That way people will not feel obligated and can choose whether or not they feel like eating out (and paying for dinner) that night or not.
    This.
  • If you don't want to pay for everyone at a rehearsal dinner, don't have a rehearsal.  If you do have one, then you do need to host the wedding party members, officiant, your immediate family, any other participants, and their SOs/partners at something you pay for.  It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive, but you do need to cover the costs.
  • You need to host. Pizza and beer is among people's favorites!
  • ttandmt said:

It sounds like you are going all out and making this a fantastic time for your guests, so keep that going throughout the whole affair. As PP's have said, if you have a rehearsal, you have to host something afterwards. 

P.S. If you have any non-Indians in your BP, don't forget to tell them they have to take off their shoes! Preferably ahead of time. This was sprung on us at my best friend's wedding DURING the ceremony. Not only were my shoes really awkward to take off (buckles and such) but I hadn't realized I left the $19.99 price tag on the bottom. Oops. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards