Wedding Reception Forum

Bridal Table

Can other people sit at the bridal table besides the bridesmaids and groomsmen?  The best man's wife will be sitting with us

Re: Bridal Table

• marip123 said:
    Can other people sit at the bridal table besides the bridesmaids and groomsmen?  The best man's wife will be sitting with us

All of the bridal party should be seated with their spouses or dates.
  • Absolutely. The dates of everyone seated at that table should also be seated there. Otherwise the bridal party should be seated elsewhere with their guests.
  • Definitely - you should never separate a member of your bridal party from their SO at the reception. Ever.

Our table included myself and DH, two of my BMs and their SOs and two of his GM and their SOs. We actually each picked who we wanted at our table based on how well their SOs knew the both of us as well, so that no one felt awkward sitting with us. The other BMs and GM were sat at tables with people that both they and their SOs knew well, so that everyone would have fun.
  • Our wedding party is asked to bring a guest who will sit with them at the head table. But we aren't forcing it. I think it's nice to let them have someone at the head table. You get to be with your SO, let them too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards