November 2013 Weddings
Options

2 Month Mark for 11/23 brides!!

2 months!! Holy Cow!! When did it get so close?

Invitations are sent out and RSVPs are rolling in...what are your new checks? 

Here are some of our recent checks:
1. FI and I just bought our wedding party their gifts, minus our flower girl and ring bearer (we still need to get those).
2. I have figured out what I'm getting my parents and my sisters in addition to their printed wedding album which won't arrive until after wedding. I really wanted to get them something nice to hand to them at the rehearsal dinner so I'm excited about ordering them their gifts soon.
3. We paid off a couple more vendors and we are scheduled to pay off transportation this week and our DJ in a couple weeks.
4. The bridesmaids have picked up their dresses minus one (getting her's this weekend).
5. Got some decorations and wedding accessories checked off to include our Moss monogram to hang out the front door, flower girl basket, my wedding gown hanger, and our send off bubbles.
6. Mom has picked out the color of her MOB dress! Hallelujah! We will go shopping probably in October but this is a huge step for her to know what she wants to wear lol.

Re: 2 Month Mark for 11/23 brides!!

• Options

OMG yes 2 months! Paid off reception dinner and DJ. Working on finishing favors, I've gotten about have my RSVP's back, my cake topper that I order from Etsy should be coming any day now. I guess I should order the cake!  LOL...

Two groomsmen still need to be measured, they live out of town and this is quite frustrating to me. sigh...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    11/24 Bride here (I figured that's close enough to comment on this post): 

RSVPs rolling in here, too. We've gotten about half back so far, but there's still time! Had my first big shower yesterday with co-workers thrown by my boss. MOH shower is this coming Sunday. working on TY notes as gifts arrive. 

Done: 

1. Tasting & menu finalized
    2. Started the ball rolling on the cake design. Flavors picked, waiting to hear back from the baker. 
    3. Bridesmaids, MOB, and MOG all have their dresses
    4. still need to schedule my first fitting, but did a "try on" appointment when my dress came into the shop -it doesn't need a ton of alterations (length and bust, really)
    5. made ring bowls for our rings for the ceremony
    6. halfway finished card box (from a candle lantern)
    7. Sent invites to President + Mrs. Obama, Mickey+ Minnie, Cinderella + Prince Charming (they send "autographed" photos)

We are currently working on: 
    - Programs (started them)
    - favors (s'mores kits, won't put them together for a while, but my mom's making chocolates)
    - music (first dance song - so hard when FI and I have TOTALLY different music tastes, but we've got it down to three finalists) 

• Options
    I am totally in panic mode right now.  So many little things things that get added to the list before things get crossed off!
  • Options

Totally familiar with panic mode. My first shower was Saturday. I have begun working on the thank you notes. There are a jillion and ten things left to do but so far I'm on track. We chose to send our invitations out at the two month mark, so that's the big check for today. Now I can start stalking the mailbox for RSVPs, LOL.

• Options
    Finally got a few things off the To Do List over the last few days.  Told my other half he has until Friday to come up with other "rehearsal" dinner locations, or I am booking the one that I already have at a great deal.  Have to decide what bridal party gifts I want to order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards