Registry and Gift Forum

Friendly warning Bed Bath and Beyond

Hi all,
I usually do all my posting on the Vegas board but after today I wanted to warn people against Bed Bath and Beyond. If you're a huge fan or haven't had any issues i'm happy for you! I used to love them and that's why we registered there. 

My mom ordered us 2 items (a Blender and kitchenaid mixer shield) on Aug 27. She got an email on Sept 3 that the item was being returned to the warehouse because BB&B didn't have the correct mailing address. I called them to inquire since they had checked out address and was told the email sent to my mom was a mistake and my item would arrive on Sept 10. Sept 10 a box from BB&B arrived containing a Food Processor, an item we had not registered for. The label on the box had my mom's info on it but there was no shipping tags inside. BB&B had us return the item to our local store and promised that our blender and shield would be delivered asap. I phone Sept 11 to confirm and was told that No, we have received our item, again I explained that no, we received the wrong item. I was told that they would again be reshipping and it would be expedited. I phoned this morning for the tracking number and was told, rather rudely, that our items would not be shipped as we had received them and our ticket was now closed. 
My mom has disputed the charges on her credit card and I have since closed my registry. 

I hope this is a one off and everyone else has better luck. Just a warning.

Happy Weddings everyone!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Friendly warning Bed Bath and Beyond

• I'm sorry you had issues with your BBB registry.  

We registered there and overall would recommend it.  We had one similar issue where we received a tablecloth instead of the flatware set that was ordered.  However, we had wonderful customer service experience, and this item was fixed in store as soon as we discovered the issue.  They were also great with returns even when our guests didn't provide a gift receipt.

Unfortunately, I think you just had bad luck with BBB.  We had a great experience (no issues) with Macy's.  If you're looking for another registry I would recommend Macy's.  They have similar products and run great sales.
  • Yeah. This sucks. We were registered with them. Had everything sent to MIL's house. No issue at all. Did you also check your registry account and make sure your address was correct?
  • Sorry to hear you had a problem.  I do think this is the exception though.  I've usually only heard good things about Bed, Bath and Beyond.  They also are known for having a very generous return policy.  We had no problems and were happy using them.
  • I've had a pretty decent experience with them so far. However, there was one awkward experience. At one of my bridal showers I was opening a gift from a family friend who wasn't able to attend, and the card that was attached to the Bed Bath and Beyond gift was the WRONG ONE. The packing slip was correct apparently, and the gift was what I registered for ( and what she purchased ) , so we all brushed it off.. but still..  kind of awkward. Someone out there got our card I guess. It's kind of a funny story, but just makes you wonder what goes on.
    1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
  • That stinks.   We had a great relationship with them.   In this situation, you may need to nicely go up the food chain with their support on the phone.

I had to do a similar thing with Macy's when they sent us an incorrect place setting that was of the same brand (Waterford) but wasn't our pattern.    It was tricky for them to figure it out but luckily they made it work.

I'd call them again and immediately go to management and/or go right to the store.  Also, when in doubt, take to social media.   TK isn't even the best place for this (although it's a great warning to fellow BB&B registered brides).   Twitter and FB will reach more people. 
  • We haven't had issues with items we have received off our BBB registry to date, but I will say that the process of registering in the store was one of the worst things I have ever experienced. Woman followed us around the whole time, telling us what to register for -- even specific colors she preferred.

When we refuse to register for an item because we already had it or didn't feel we would need it, she would say "You are young, you don't know what you need" repeatedly and then scan it anyway. We ended up removing close to 60 items from our list that she had scanned. She also scolded (yes, scolded) us for registering at another store in addition to BBB.

• drmrs2014 said:

We haven't had issues with items we have received off our BBB registry to date, but I will say that the process of registering in the store was one of the worst things I have ever experienced. Woman followed us around the whole time, telling us what to register for -- even specific colors she preferred.

When we refuse to register for an item because we already had it or didn't feel we would need it, she would say "You are young, you don't know what you need" repeatedly and then scan it anyway. We ended up removing close to 60 items from our list that she had scanned. She also scolded (yes, scolded) us for registering at another store in addition to BBB.

What?? That's horrid! I would call the manager and have her removed as my consultant. She does not deserve the commission off of your registry sales. I would have been tempted to close my registry entirely after that behavior. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• @photokitty - We did call the manager and her name was detached from our registry. We actually started the process with an incredible lady that was insanely nice and helpful that we asked to be credited for our registry. I like the one-stop, nationwide nature of BBB...which we needed as we are from two different parts of the country with different large retailers, but it really tainted what was supposed to be a funy experience for us.
  • drmrs2014 said:
    @photokitty - We did call the manager and her name was detached from our registry. We actually started the process with an incredible lady that was insanely nice and helpful that we asked to be credited for our registry. I like the one-stop, nationwide nature of BBB...which we needed as we are from two different parts of the country with different large retailers, but it really tainted what was supposed to be a funy experience for us.
    Agreed! Glad you had her detached. And good luck! Hopefully it will be your only hiccup ;-) 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Sorry ladies, I was off getting married or I would have replied earlier. 

I think our biggest issue is that I'm in Canada and BB&B is central out of the US. Perhaps that would have made a difference.

I had reconfirmed my address with the store and online so that wasn't an issue.

In the end I closed my registry with them and commented to their webpage about my issues.

I wish you all well!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I would post on FaceBook about the issue.

Everything gets taken care of on FB.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards