Ohio-Cincinnati

Wedding Ceremony Spaces

Hello, I am getting married next August and looking frantically for a place to have my ceremony. We already have a reception space at the Madison in Covington, KY, but I would like a separate location for my ceremony. I'm looking at churches and other type venues, but since I'm not from the area/ not overly religious in practice, this is becomming difficult. Has anyone gotten married at St. Mary's Cathedral in Covington? Suggestnions?!!

Re: Wedding Ceremony Spaces

• We are also having our reception at the Madison (March 2014) and we originally had a hard time finding a church. However, someone pointed us in the direction of Faith Christian Center.  It is an older church on Amsterdam up in Park Hills, KY. It holds about 200 people but it is absolutely beautiful. I found them on Facebook under Weddings in the Hills-Faith Church. Jenni is the contact person and if you message them on FB she will get back to you pretty quickly.  We haven't had our meeting with the pastor yet but we have met with Jenni a couple of times and she has always been very nice and accomodating.
  • P.S. all the money you pay in order ot use the church goes to help their mission church in Mexico
  • How much was the ceremony there? I have contacted them but still waiting on a reply
  • Same Here... I called and left a message, but still haven't heard from them... :/
  • You might consider SEM Villa chapel in Old Milford.  It seats approx. 200 guests. 
  • The fee to use the Church was $750 and extra if you want to also use their pastor. From what we found, it was pretty in line with what other churces in the area woudl have charged. I know initially I had a hard time connecting but once we did things have been very easy since then. Hope that helps.
  • Faith Church in Park Hills. 
  • Faith Christian Center is now called Faith Church. My wedding is there in April 2014. The price is 1075. We paid 100 or 150 more to have Jenni help coordinate the day. It is so pretty. If you want her cell phone number, P.M. me!
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited September 2013
    Hello, I am getting married next August and looking frantically for a place to have my ceremony. We already have a reception space at the Madison in Covington, KY, but I would like a separate location for my ceremony. I'm looking at churches and other type venues, but since I'm not from the area/ not overly religious in practice, this is becomming difficult. Has anyone gotten married at St. Mary's Cathedral in Covington? Suggestnions?!!
    To be married there, you must be a parishioner.  The priest there is "notorious" for making sure you are in good standing with the Church and its teachings, which is his job (in the Catholic church marriage is not a right as you must meet certain requirements), but he uses harsh language.  I've talked to him before; at best it's like someone saying truthful things but with bad breath, everyone is turned off.

If you are set on getting married in the Catholic church, I would suggest another parish.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We've decided on Vineyard Central (St. Elizabeth's) in Norwood, OH... It's a beautiful 100 year old Cathedral that was purchased by the Vineyard (a christian church) this gives us the best of both worlds, a beautiful cathedral with a christian ceremony!!! We did visit Faith Church, it was very beautiful, but I fell in love with the cathedral and knew it was right for us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards