Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Rain at Bridal Shoot

Tomorrow is my bridal shoot and I just found out that it will be storming all day.  Not a light rain but full out thunderstorms.  I had to book the venue way back in June so rescheduling is probably not an option.  I can't afford yet another round of hair and makeup either so going back for a second day for outside shots is also not really an option.  I guess this is just a vent because there really isn't anything I can do except have only indoor photos.  What a bummer?  Did anyone else have this happen?

Re: Rain at Bridal Shoot

• You could get some cool window shots with the rain streaming down. If it lets up at all you'll have a natural light box. Shoot on the porch if it is covered. Maybe you'll get a lighting bolt in the background! How badass would that be??
    Worst case scenario - You can always get outdoor shots on your wedding day. 
    Sorry, it sucks - but make the most of it and have fun. Smile pretty and enjoy the day despite the rain!
    GL! :-)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I never thought about rain on the windows.  That will be pretty cool!  The shoot is in our state's former state capitol building which looks like a huge castle so there will be plenty of amazing indoor opportunities.  The only outdoor shot I'm really upset about missing is one in front of the "castle".  I've always been obsessed with that building since I was a little girl.  I'm hoping it will let up enough for me to get at least that one shot.  Then I'll be happy!  lol Thanks for the advice.  I'm feeling a little better!
  • I never thought about rain on the windows.  That will be pretty cool!  The shoot is in our state's former state capitol building which looks like a huge castle so there will be plenty of amazing indoor opportunities.  The only outdoor shot I'm really upset about missing is one in front of the "castle".  I've always been obsessed with that building since I was a little girl.  I'm hoping it will let up enough for me to get at least that one shot.  Then I'll be happy!  lol Thanks for the advice.  I'm feeling a little better!
    Make that shot the last one of the day and use a big umbrella!  Assuming it isn't a torrential downpour that should work.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • We bumped the shoot up to 1pm and it was just cloudy but not raining yet!  We got a couple of shots done including the one I wanted and then when it started to rain we ran inside and did the indoor shots!  It all worked out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards