Knottie Tech Help

Are we being punked?

2»

Re: Are we being punked?

• mobkaz our normal that you all clearly love ;) Just kidding -- KP will give you more details on the mods - she has been working on how to bring them on. I like the idea of nominations -- if we come up with a way of nominating, would you like that?
    I think if the nominations were transparent, and the nominee was agreeable, I think that might be a good first start at a fresh start.
  • So firstly, I feel all sorts of effective.

Second, there's not a lot of people remaining to mod so his should easy.

Third, did you silence MuppetOverlord somehow? I can't post or even reply to PMs.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• mobkaz our normal that you all clearly love ;) Just kidding -- KP will give you more details on the mods - she has been working on how to bring them on. I like the idea of nominations -- if we come up with a way of nominating, would you like that?
  • Ah, I'm back. 

I suggest that since we have a limited amount of regs and mod-minded folks remaining, that we don't have people moderating set boards, but everyone address issues as they come up.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Yay!! Glad to hear things will get back to some semblance of normal

• @KnotJackie the illegal passport vendor on every freakin board is making me crazy.

Anniversary

• @KnotJackie the illegal passport vendor on every freakin board is making me crazy.

This!    It was so easy as a mod to just hit the ban button for this dumb stuff.   

And congratulations @knotporscha!! 
  • I am really thrilled for @KnotPorscha and wish her tons of happiness.  However, was there a reason why there was no one specifically assigned to cover her duties on the boards while she was gone?  She had every reason to not be around and have the time off for her wedding, but in the meantime, her job wasn't done.  All of us would have to make sure our jobs are covered if we took time off, so why not the Knot Gods? 
    Ditto.  I would never be able to take time off if I didn't have someone properly trained to handle my work when I'm gone.  There are tons of spammers on the boards that are getting close to a week old that haven't been addressed.  Any way to get rid of them @KnotJackie?  We're not stuck with all this crap until KP gets back, are we??

Oh, and congrats @KnotPorscha!  Hope you had a wonderful day!
  • Thanks Everyone!! :)

I am spending the day going through my notifications. Please PM me if there is anything that should be tackled first (spammers, trolls, etc.) Like Jackie mentioned, we are making mods public. I tried to get things rolling on public mods before I took off, but was unable to get our plans final. I'll speak with Jackie today for next steps and see if public nominations will work.
  • @RebeccaB88 -- of course we had people covering and making sure nothing out of the ordinary (mass random bans, etc) was happening, just didn't want actions taken without our review! We figured spam could wait a few days before getting removed, wouldn't destroy anything. KP is back in business :)
  • Also, we're looking to blocking these passport spammy posts from even being able to be posted --- to stay tuned...
  • RebeccaB88 -- of course we had people covering and making sure nothing out of the ordinary (mass random bans, etc) was happening, just didn't want actions taken without our review! We figured spam could wait a few days before getting removed, wouldn't destroy anything. KP is back in business :)

Except if I'm being entirely honest, it looked INCREDIBLY unprofessional.

It's hard to get someone to take advice seriously when there's spam all over and newbs resurfacing 3-4 year old threads willy-nilly. It made the message boards look kind of like a joke.

• Also, we're looking to blocking these passport spammy posts from even being able to be posted --- to stay tuned...
    I'm sorry, but you've been saying this for at least 6 months.  Filters don't work.  You HAVE to have moderators to take it down immediately.
  • itzMS said:
    RebeccaB88 -- of course we had people covering and making sure nothing out of the ordinary (mass random bans, etc) was happening, just didn't want actions taken without our review! We figured spam could wait a few days before getting removed, wouldn't destroy anything. KP is back in business :)

Except if I'm being entirely honest, it looked INCREDIBLY unprofessional.

It's hard to get someone to take advice seriously when there's spam all over and newbs resurfacing 3-4 year old threads willy-nilly. It made the message boards look kind of like a joke.

I have to agree with this. Plus, there were several times that a KG was paged inside a thread, when a poster might have been breaking the TOS, calling names, attacking, etc, and no one was around for that either.  So, if there were people watching the boards, where were they then?  Exactly what WERE they doing for a week other than making sure no one got banned accidentally? I mean, if that was all they were watching for, then that's pretty damn lame. There was other stuff that needed attention.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards