Students
Options

School Started. Planning Stopped.

Has any one else started school again and completely dropped the ball on planning?
Last night someone asked me how the planning is coming and I realized that September came, classes, and residency and other things started and I haven't done a lick of planning since. 
Time to get to work on that!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: School Started. Planning Stopped.

• Options
    Agreed! It's funny because during the summer, I was OBSESSED with planning. Like, it was basically the only thing on my mind. And then once school started, I'm feeling sort of apathetic about it. Which in a way is a good thing because I do need to focus on school. :P I'm going to try to take things really slowly and maybe pick one aspect of wedding planning to focus on each week. What are your wedding dates? :) I'm May 31!
  • Options
    July 26 here. My fiance is in his final semester of undergrad, I'm in grad school, and we're both working. 
    I thankfully have wonderful parents who are super excited about the wedding. I gave my mom the budget and told her to decorate however she wants! It's a win/win. 
  • Options
    I wish I could say I did the same thing, but I couldn't because my future in laws haven't been the most responsive when we asked questions, so we're constantly asking them the same questions over and over again. It's a bit much to be dealing with. Classes, planning, and studying for three certification exams? Pray for me and I'll pray for you! 
    Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are getting married June 7. Two weeks after I graduate.
    So much to do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm past that stage - done school just now, but I can relate.  When I started my semester in February, the wedding was the furthest thing from my mind.  I planned as much as I could during the Christmas break so I didn't have to think about weddings for 7 months.  But now I'm only working and all the wedding stuff I procrastinated on for school is creeping up with a vengeance.  But I got good marks and graduated, so I suppose it was worth it. 

• Options
    We're getting married July 11 and yeah I haven't done much planning since I got to school! All I've done is look at inspiration for my bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets, but I've dropped the ball on almost everything else...
  • Options
    One of my friends here rat school is getting married two weeks after me so I know have someone to keep me accountable to my timeline. Hooray!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're getting married July 11 and yeah I haven't done much planning since I got to school! All I've done is look at inspiration for my bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets, but I've dropped the ball on almost everything else...
    Oh wow same date as our wedding!!! I just got really excited. 

Anyways, I just started my last year of college and I knew it was going to be stressful so I planned as much as possible (venue, which provides catering, rentals, ceremony and reception) before school started (I got engaged August 2nd during summer school so I never really had a break) and then hired a planner.  A few weeks ago I got my dress and last week we got our officiant.  On the 27th I'm meeting with her to meet my possible florist/dj/photographer and look at invitations. I live in LA so I don't have the luxury of being able to slack (everything books up 9 months a year in advance) so I am completely exhausted. I graduate in May.  I figure I'll just sleep for a month after the wedding.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Same here! School and work are really my priorities at this point but tons of planning still needs to be done and it's just so crazy! 

Every time I look at the date, it's like where has another month gone and then I get worried that I haven't done enough planning for the wedding yet. 

We're June 8 and I graduate in December so I will have some free time to plan coming up soon. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards