Chit Chat

2nd guess the dress

I know this is a big 'no no' ! I'm just over thinking. So, i love my dress, i really do! But, we had a short 6 month engagement, so I didn't really have time to try on alot of dresses. I didn't look anywhere but my hometown. The dress I got was the 3rd I tried on. I just see other dresses and I think, ah! I should've tried something like that on. I've looked up best dresses for body types, etc. and I think I picked out a good one :) I just HATE second guessing myself! I still am waiting for alterations to be complete, so hopefully once those are done I will fall in love with it all over again. Did anyone else experience this? Make my head stop 2nd guessing!! End vent.

Re: 2nd guess the dress

• I initially had "buyer's remorse" after I got my dress and I tried on a ton of dresses.  When my dress came in and I tried it on, I fell in love with it again.  Then I saw other dresses and got that sinking feeling again about my dress.  So, everyday for about a month I pulled out a picture of my dress to look at it again until it got in my head that my dress is THE dress for me.  Stop second guessing yourself - you are going to look absolutely beautiful!
  •  

I initially had "buyer's remorse" after I got my dress and I tried on a ton of dresses.  When my dress came in and I tried it on, I fell in love with it again.  Then I saw other dresses and got that sinking feeling again about my dress.  So, everyday for about a month I pulled out a picture of my dress to look at it again until it got in my head that my dress is THE dress for me.  Stop second guessing yourself - you are going to look absolutely beautiful!

Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one lol. I'm just one of those people who can never make up my mind about what I want anyway.
  • I had buyers remorse after I saw a new fall collection dress advertised that was ah-may-zing.  But I tracked down the dress and learned it was two grand over my budget so that got rid of my dress jealousy very quickly, lol.  

• I think once you try it on again you will feel better. I bought my dress a year and a half out (not something I would recommend to others) and had so much time to second guess and over think it. Once I took it in for alterations and tried it on again, all the doubts went away. Remember you picked it in the first place for a reason, so I'm sure it's amazing!
  • I didn't love my dress when I first bought it.  I really liked it, but it wasn't that ah ha moment.  I tried it on 4 different times before I bought it and I was really just sick of shopping at that point.  i liked it at my first fitting, but once the first alteration was done and it fit me better I was seriously in love with it.  Wait for your first fitting.  That's when it feels like it's yours.  :)

• I only tried on about 10 dresses at the place I went (maybe less) and afterward I wished I had tried on more & maybe tried another store with more selection. I had my final fitting yesterday though and absolutely LOVE my dress! Alterations really do a lot for the look of a dress that's for sure! My dress is a one-shoulder and I originally thought about taking the strap off of it, as I sort of regretted it after buying it, but now I definitely would never take the strap off! It gives the dress more character too :)
  • I also bought my dress about a year and a half out (it was a discontinued style so I had to buy it right then if I wanted it in my size.)  I'd looked at some dresses with my mom and sister (they live in another state) but I hadn't found anything I really loved.  I was just going to humor a married friend of mine when we found it.  I knew it was my dress right away but I kept forgetting exactly what it looked like so I had to pull out a picture every once in a while to calm myself.  After alterations it was perfect. My hubby actually cried when he saw me in it so I know I made the right choice. 

Just keep looking at your dress, and try to not keep shopping around, it'll only give you doubts about something you already decided on.  Focus on the rest of your checklist, I'm sure there's plenty else to be worrying about!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards