Destination Weddings Discussions

Confession Thursday!

Re: Confession Thursday!

• I confess that someone who no longer works at my job is making my job difficult because they left so many things undone! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess that I am only going to have dinner with my aunt tomorrow in order to keep the peace with my mom.  I really have no desire to drive several hours to see my aunt with whom I have no longer have a relationship with.  I also confess I'm bitter that she expects me to go there to see her but she hasn't stopped to say hi when she's been in town for the 7 years I've lived here.

@amorg334 - That sucks!  On the bright side, at least you know that it's getting done the right way now that you have to do it for him/her.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • @flutterbride2b  That sucks about having to do a dinner you do not want too.  

Also, as soon as I really start getting things cleaned up it will make my job easier! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @flutterbride2b--UGH. I understand and have an aunt like this myself. I am routinely expected to drive 6hrs round trip for a dinner/lunch/afternoon party to "keep the peace" and when I don't go it's like I am the worst/most selfish person on earth. However, in the nearly 12 years I've lived in my city she has never ONCE driven over to see me. I keep saying the interstate goes east AND west!
  • mmm4763 said:
    @flutterbride2b--UGH. I understand and have an aunt like this myself. I am routinely expected to drive 6hrs round trip for a dinner/lunch/afternoon party to "keep the peace" and when I don't go it's like I am the worst/most selfish person on earth. However, in the nearly 12 years I've lived in my city she has never ONCE driven over to see me. I keep saying the interstate goes east AND west!
    She lives halfway across the country and always flies into a city about 45 minutes from me where she has friends.  She has to drive less than 5 minutes from my house in order to go to the city my mom & grandma live in.  Even when I worked 5 minutes from the airport she couldn't be bothered to drop by and say hi.  We were never *close* but I thought she was cool enough when I was like 15.  Now it's sort of like "what's the point?"
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • She lives halfway across the country and always flies into a city about 45 minutes from me where she has friends.  She has to drive less than 5 minutes from my house in order to go to the city my mom & grandma live in.  Even when I worked 5 minutes from the airport she couldn't be bothered to drop by and say hi.  We were never *close* but I thought she was cool enough when I was like 15.  Now it's sort of like "what's the point?"
    Exactly! I think it also bothers my aunt that I am actually SUPER CLOSE to my other aunt (her sister). Close aunt lives 2 hours away from me (opposite direction) but we both make time for each other  to visit, text, email, call, etc. It's funny how family dynamics work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards