Wedding Reception Forum

Do we need decorations?

Our reception is in a cafe/bar/restaurant. We are only having immediate family (still 63 people)
The room we have is perfectly nice - and a reasonably big size. 
Do we really need to decorate it?

(wedding in 63 days)

Re: Do we need decorations?

• I think it would be nice to decorate because it is, after all, a wedding and not a family reunion or something at a restaurant.  
  • Most restaurants sort of have a unique decor, not really requiring many extras. I'd at least do center pieces and maybe some decoration of any tables used for gifts, what have you. I'm probably using a restaurant and I don't envision having to use many decorations.
  • I agree. In a restaurant, I can't imagine you would want or need too many decorations.

I would, however, do centerpieces. They don't have to be anything complicated; you could do a couple bud vases for each table. 
  • I agree with centerpieces. Other than that, I wouldn't do anything. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I agree with others that you probably don't need to worry about decorating a restaurant, since it already looks nice. Some simple centerpieces might be nice (doesn't have to be flowers), but they aren't necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards