Connecticut

Your favorite cupcakeries?

I'm considering doing cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. I'm trying to look into different bakeries/cupcakeries in the area. I am getting married at Branford House, so if it's near Groton, that's a definite plus! But right now I'm looking at Sugar Bakery and Nora's, neither of which are super close to Groton. So, if you've been somewhere that had awesome cupcakes, where was it?

Re: Your favorite cupcakeries?

• The Bleu Squid in Mystic. She is located in the Mystic Shoppes near the aquarium. We are using them for our May 2014 wedding
  • hardcore sweet cupcakes. amazing out of waterbury tho. had left over cupcakes in our fridge and after our honeymoon  which was 16 days after the wedding the cupcakes were still amazing and moist

Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• a little something bakery in west hartford they make some amazing cupcakes and lots of unique flavors. 

another favorite place of mine she no longer has a store front but does special events partys and weddings is frosted couture cucpakes in southington she has cupcakes that are named after famous designer and such some of her flavors are out of this world  her cucpakes are filling and not small like some bakeries 

• I loved our cupcakes and cake balls! Bella Creations did them for us. It's a family business (I believe a woman and her aunt?) and they run it out of their home. But the food is DELICIOUS. http://bellacreationsct.com/index.html
  • Pink Cupcake Shack in Fairfield is amazing!! We're planning on getting mini cupcakes there for our wedding.
  • LlikotdesserdLlikotdesserd member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    Sugar! They actually won an episode of Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. They are based out of East Haven, and also have a Cupcake Truck!

http://www.thesugarbakery.com/
  • Sugar! They actually won an episode of Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. They are based out of East Haven, and also have a Cupcake Truck!

http://www.thesugarbakery.com/

I have not been there yet, but I second this because my mom and sister went there last weekend (scoping out places for me to visit when I'm back home planning), and loved it! My mom is more of a dark chocolate person than a cupcake person, so her endorsement says a lot :) They also texted me pics of the cupcakes and they looked delicious.

And apparently there is a place is Glastonbury that's supposed to be amazing, but I can't think of the name...

• PaisleyCTPaisleyCT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2013
    @ Llikotdesserd and Aray82, Yeah, Sugar and Nora's are the ones I mentioned and are highest on my list. Sugar has some absolutely AMAZING cupcakes, the problem is they're not very close to Groton. That's not a deal breaker by any means, but I was curious to see if there are closer ones. Sugar is in East Haven and Nora's is in Middletown. And is the one you're thinking of in Glastonbury Sugarbelle?
  • I know you said it's not that close, but NoRAs is AWESOME. We are using them.
  • my friend had cupcakes at her wedding and i loved it.  
  • PaisleyCT said:
    @ Llikotdesserd and Aray82, Yeah, Sugar and Nora's are the ones I mentioned and are highest on my list. Sugar has some absolutely AMAZING cupcakes, the problem is they're not very close to Groton. That's not a deal breaker by any means, but I was curious to see if there are closer ones. Sugar is in East Haven and Nora's is in Middletown. And is the one you're thinking of in Glastonbury Sugarbelle?
    Yes, it might be Sugarbelle--I will check!
  • PaisleyCTPaisleyCT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2013
    kayla2536 said:
    I know you said it's not that close, but NoRAs is AWESOME. We are using them.
    Do you know how much they charge per cupcake? I emailed them but they didn't tell me a price.
  • hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2013
    noras is expensive.. i went in there one day to get a few cupcakes they dont offer discounts for dozens or half dozens cupcakes ran about $4 and some change for each cupcake unless they have changed their pricing i think that is what you are looking at per person or they might have special pricing for events

i also used alyssa from sweet somethings www.facebook.com/cakepops1 she did some amazing cupcakes and cake pops for my sister in laws bridal and rehersal dinner and i had ordered a cookie try from her for the holidays. she is based out of her house in central ct. she will deliver to all over the state if you live close by within a 30 minute drive delivery is free. she does cupcakes cake pops cookies chocolates and candy buffets and she is so resonabel 
  • We used Sara from You've Been Cupcaked ( https://www.facebook.com/Youvebeencupcaked ) out of Wallingford and not only were the prices reasonable, the flavor options were endless, and the cupcakes were to die for!  We got so many compliments on them.  She also made our cake topper which came out amazing.  Can't say enough good things about her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards