Ohio-Cleveland

I Said Yes!!

Hello everyone. Last night my honey of 12yrs popped the question and I said yes. So I am now offically wedding planning. We have not set an exact date, but I am leaning towards 6/21/13. I would love any suggestions or advice you have to offer as this site is now saved in my bookmarks!

Re: I Said Yes!!

• I hate to break it to you but 6/21/13 was about 3 months ago.  This site's forums are a wealth of information but the Cleveland forum is pretty dead so get involved elsewhere.

• Congrats! Enjoy being engaged, stick to your budget, you will disappoint people because you won't be able to give everyone everything they want, but that's ok, its your & FI special day, not theirs. Keeping things simple will help reduce stress and costs. I used the time frame on here as a guideline of when things needed to be done by & it was extremely helpful.

• I would start by taking a moment to yourselves and enjoy being engaged for a bit. I jumped right into planning and was quickly overwhelmed and stressed. If you are not under a deadline sit tight and relax while you gather ideas, budget etc. 

Start forming an idea of what you want the day to hold and build from there. The greatest advice I got was "what do you want to remember 10, 20, 30 years down the road? Make sure those things matter now". At the end of the day the goal is marriage - don't lose sight of that in colors, venues, cakes and fabric. Have fun and good luck!
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Thank you so much Ashcolyer & Erikan73, I appreciate the advice. I forgot to mention that the Tuesday before he popped the question, I received a promotion at work as well, so I am all over the place :) - I am going to do my best to enjoy the moment and take things slow.

Again, thank you guys so much!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards