Maryland

I need a seamstress

I am looking for someone in the Annapolis area to alter my wedding gown. I bought it at Davids Bridal in Glen Burnie, but they will not do the alterations I requested. All I want is a true sweetheart neckline and a French bustle besides the typical taking in and hemming. Does anyone have a reputable seamstress that they would recommend?

Re: I need a seamstress

• Sheryl Kelm in Pasadena (kelmdesigner@comcast.net). She altered my wedding dress, the wedding dresses of 4 friends, a bridesmaid dress for a wedding I was in, and made from scratch all of the bridesmaid dresses for one friend's wedding. Her skills are great, her rates are even better, and she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. I cannot say enough good things about her.
  • There's a lady named Ann and she works in the shop next to "Lilly Bridal" near Halethorpe MD - exit 10 off us 695. I've used her before and her prices are great. For example : my bridesmaid gown cost $50 to alter and I got my from David's along with the others. They stayed at David's and paid between $100-$200. Good luck :)
  • Did you end up finding a seamstress that you liked?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards