Luxury Weddings

Nice table linens

Did any of you ladies buy or rent linens for your wedding? My venue offers standard ivory tablecloths, but I would really like runners or overlays that are fancier than that. I'm looking for lace, but I'm open to other options. Any suggestions for websites where I can get nice ones?

Re: Nice table linens

• JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
     Our reception venue also offered standard tablecloths, (that we obviously wouldn't have 'only' used). We ended up going with really nice, heavier, table runners over top of them. We rented ours, (which was a little more $), but for us, we would have never had a future use for them in the colour we used. So to rent them, was a clear choice. Unfortunately, I can't help you with a specific website, but maybe look into hiring a decorator, & renting them. :) It takes the work out of setting up/tearing down, and you aren't stuck with however many runners afterwards. You can find some really great decorating companies online. If this is something you may potentially be interested in, maybe post on your local board for company recommendations & reviews. :)

Good luck! :)

*J
  • I've looked at most of the rental places in my area and all they really have are the kind of generic organza overlays. Any suggestions on what to google to look for wedding decorators? I haven't seemed to have any luck with finding what I'm looking for using that as a google term.
  • I bet your florist or venue should have some recommendations of companies they have worked with before.  Both my florist and venue said they could provide me options if I wanted to upgrade the linens.
  • *********************************************************************************

• I was looking to buy just because none of the rental companies in my area have what I'm looking for. I really want lace overlays, but I'm starting to think they don't even exist :)
  • I believe Wildflower Linens and BBJ linens do rentals, and both have many options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • zizibet said:
    I believe Wildflower Linens and BBJ linens do rentals, and both have many options.
    Thank you so much.Those are the kind of nice linens I was looking for :)
  • I used BBJ linens. I really liked the variety and colors.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have you tried Etsy?  It looks like they have lots of options:  http://www.etsy.com/search?q=lace%20table%20overlays&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

I've always had good experiences ordering from Etsy.  Just make sure you pick a vendor with good feedback.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • Not sure where you're located, but I'm using Classic Party Rentals here in the Bay Area.
  • We purchased table runners to compliment our table linens, and I couldn't be happier with them.  It took me FOREVER to find what I wanted since it was something so specific, and I found it at a place called Urquid Linens.  They were really nice and very helpful to me. Their prices are reasonable, too.  They have more of the fancier stuff, rather than the more plain stuff you typically see.  They have a website and I Google searched for hours before finally coming across them. 

There's always that place David Tutera rents from, too, although the name escapes me. They're probably expensive but probably worth a look if you're looking for unusual fabrics and patterns.

GL!

• CV Linens has lace runners and overlays. I purchased lace overlays - the largest they have. Great quality, but often the company doesn't have certain things in stock, but it's worth a look. 
  • vh2014vh2014 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I used a combination of CVLinens and Smarty Had a Party.  It actually cost LESS to buy than rent them.  My brother is getting married and I offered for them to reuse them if they wanted to.  It also allowed me to cut up my chair sashes and make them into an "easy on" system so that my coordinator wasn't spending hours being followed by my meticulous MOH making sure every bow was tied perfectly.  One clip and the all will be perfect so MOH can stop worrying and enjoy herself (she's more of a perfectionist and detail oriented about the wedding than me... but I love her for it.. that's why she's my BFF)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the help ladies, but I actually already got married :) This is an old post. I ended up renting them because I couldn't find what I wanted to purchase and I decided I would rather pay someone to take care of that for me rather than worry about cleaning and pressing them and getting them set up and taken down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards