Nevada-Las Vegas

lol etiquette board

2»

Re: lol etiquette board

• Guess I'm tacky then! And I so wanted your approval, darn.

• According to a few ppl ive spoken to having a Vegas wedding is 'tacky'. When I tell them I will have an elvis and showgirls I get the *eyeroll*. Hahaha loosen up.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• We didn't do STDs OR invitations, and we're not registered. We sent an email with our wedding website constantly updated with information. We planned a party bus for the night before with alcohol, and dinner with drinks for after the ceremony. Is that tacky? Good thing IDGAF.
    My Stepmother (Stepmonster) had the balls to invite her sister's family whom I've never met from New Methico (points if you get this reference!) to only the dinner NOT the ceremony because "They don't want to go to the ceremony" and "it's not like it's a real wedding anyway." Verbatim! >:o

Just because we're Vegas brides, and we're doing things our way doesn't make it any less special or any less real! Everyone else can hug and kiss my ass XO
  • Ooohhhhh @Jenni. Now THAT is when I get p*ssed off. If 1 more person asks me "if its a real wedding" I will flip. Oh btw Im having assigned seating at my reception so good luck to any uninvited guests. What a rude stepmonster.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• JenniSurf said:

My Stepmother (Stepmonster) had the balls to invite her sister's family whom I've never met from New Methico (points if you get this reference!) to only the dinner NOT the ceremony because "They don't want to go to the ceremony" and "it's not like it's a real wedding anyway." Verbatim! >:o

Just because we're Vegas brides, and we're doing things our way doesn't make it any less special or any less real! Everyone else can hug and kiss my ass XO
    My step mother caused our ceremony to start 25 minutes late because her and my dad "had some things they needed to do" and showed up that late.  I hate that bitch lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• FI and I are not waiting. If they miss it, there will be a video. Flamingo is stupid strict on ceremony time and we are providing transport for guests. So anybody who is late can just loiter around the gardens til we are done. Harsh? Yes. But im not waiting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @missmo - Do you let them know how stupid they sound?! Oh she pissed me off once before by disrespecting my mom, and I told her I would punch her in the face if she didn't apologize. She asked my dad what he was gonna do about it he replied "Nothing she's an adult, but you better duck because she's got a right hook that will knock you out." LOL

@vegasgroom - I'm sorry you had to go through that! It's tough because you want to respect your father, but they just make it so damn difficult!
  • Has any one gotten the its supposed to be a religious occasion how can it be a nice wedding in vegas thing. I got that from my ex. My Fi said something similar when we were at the nugget. Told him I went to a very nice vow renewal and it was great inexpensive and stress free ish. We compromised and he agreed to look at a couple chapels. Long story short we walked from the nugget to the Venetian about 4 miles, and im getting married at the bellagio to a man that knows ill go a long way to prove a point. Lol. Some people just need to see it to believe it.
  • I have gotten a few "vegas weddings are tacky."  I am in the IDGAF camp, FI and I love our vegas weddings plans and those who choose to attend will see how classy it is and we will all have a fantastic time.  We are being morenk tacky because, one of my friends asked to be invited to the wedding.  I love this girl and want her there so I told her "of couse, but your BF can NOT come."  He is a sloppy drunk, who is a wanna be MMA fighter and we have never gone out as a group and he not start a fight.  So as a group she has had to accept he is not invited out with us (this includes all of our friends, not just DH and I).

The purpose of ettiquette is to be respectful of your guests, and not to sit around "side eyeing" and being judgy mcjudgerpants.  Those people are far more tacky, IMO.  My family loves the dollar dance, and they are disappointed we arent having one at our wedding (because we arent having a regular reception), it usually involves public antics and shinanigans.  So what, if some strangers on a forum find it "tacky." 

I love the vegas board BTW, it has been a ton of help and I think they ladies who choose to have a vegas wedding are more laid back and fun.  Just my 2 cents :)

• I haven't had anyone tell me they think Vegas is tacky. If they did I wouldn't GAF. Initially I wanted to go all out Vegas style and get married by Elvis at the Vegas sign. Tacky? Absolutely? Memorable? You bet! My desire for privacy and a pretty dress outweighed my desire for Elvis so we are opting for an intimate affair at the Cosmopolitan, which according to my friends was made for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm with all of you. I feel like weddings nowadays are so cookie cutter. They all blur together. I wanted to do something totally different and memorable. We will include a few traditional elements, but that's about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We too first started wanting the cheesy Vegas wedding but changed our mind and opted for elvis at the reception instead.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @missmo14 I sooooo want to do Elvis at the reception but the FI says no.  I might just do it anyway.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @missmo14 I sooooo want to do Elvis at the reception but the FI says no.  I might just do it anyway.

Just do IT! Your guests will love it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• When I get the Vegas weddings are tacky in real life, I just tell people "Oh great, one less person to pay for. Thanks for letting me know your RSVP" I have had 4 people text and apologize for coming off rude in hopes to save there seat at the wedding.  A few times I have responded with "ahh no worries, you weren't on the guestlist anyways! No worries!" ha... I really don't care what people think about the wedding and if you want to voice your opinions, then you can stay home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hahaha I find it wildly hilarious how many people knock the wedding but want in. Lol. All of my guest list (well on my side anyway) are thrilled about Vegas. Most are making huge USA trips out of the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am having Elvis at my reception and no one knows not even the FI. so do it!
  • I never realized how controversial the word "prude" was.

Sorry if I offeneded you "e-boardees", should have know making a joke was against etiquette.

It was meant as a simple remark on how etiquette isn't black or white anymore, and that people shouldn't base their decisions on what some random person dictates on an etiquette board.

If that makes me (us) tacky and rude, oh well.

• I love tacky and have tried to make rude an art form. I mostly just suffer from a laziness streak. Im to lazy to be anything but honest. I think weddings are too serious and I want mine to be a fun celebration thats why I picked Vegas. Also im too lazy to deal with multiple vendors if I don't have to. So please call me tacky and rude, heck toss in cheap and lazy because I love being blingy honest me and so does the fi and thats what really matters
  • Post away jaime I like your kinda person!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @missmo14 okay I'm doing it! I spoke with The guy who organizes Travis Allen's gigs and he reserved my spot. Thanks for the encouragement!

@stoiic25 how can you not tell anyone? I'm going to try but it's been less than an hour and I'm already having a hard time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hahaha! I have a wedding secret too. Only told mum, my bff and wedding vendors that need to know to make it happen. I cant even post on tk bout it cos FI jumps on here sometimes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I wanna know the secret. :( I dont have a wedding secret I tried to hide my engagement until it was official I.e. 8 had the ring. I made it a whole two months. Plus its been hell trying to hide not tell the fi everything about the dress. The only wedding secret im planing is to keep any wedding secrets from myself :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards