Knottie Tech Help

Promoted to member?

Any ideas on what that means? What was I before? Is this in response to having public mods again soon?

Re: Promoted to member?

• Ooooh me tooooooooooo.

Do I get a giftcard? :-) ;-)

• Still waiting for a unicorn.
  • I just got promoted, too. What is up with that?
  • Hi there! We're updating our system to have newbies wait 2 days before they can post. All other users will see "member" show up in the activity feed as we update the system.
  • Follow-up question: does this mean that mods will have that listed under their usernames instead of "member"?

• mobkaz said:
    Ditto.  I guess I thought I was one when I joined?  Is there a ranking system?  Do you need to accrue a certain amount of points/posts?  When I received the notification, I did a quick check with long term posters.  Posters with many more posts than myself had not been designated as a member.  

I would love to know if there will be other designations as points accumulate.  I would also enjoy assisting in name selection for these "achievements".  

ETA....if TKG's are starting to tweak things, I would personally vote for reinstating the geographical location of the posters.  I found that very helpful in the past when responding to posts.
    I second that motion!!

• Yes!  Add back the geographical locations!
  • mimiphin said:
    mobkaz said:
    Ditto.  I guess I thought I was one when I joined?  Is there a ranking system?  Do you need to accrue a certain amount of points/posts?  When I received the notification, I did a quick check with long term posters.  Posters with many more posts than myself had not been designated as a member.  

I would love to know if there will be other designations as points accumulate.  I would also enjoy assisting in name selection for these "achievements".  

ETA....if TKG's are starting to tweak things, I would personally vote for reinstating the geographical location of the posters.  I found that very helpful in the past when responding to posts.
    I second that motion!!

I third the request.

We've asked to have this back, though, since it was taken away to no avail.

Post count under the sig also helps greatly versus clicking through to a profile.

My approach in responding would decidedly be different to someone who's posting for the first time versus the fiftieth time.

• misshart00misshart00 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013

I never got the notification to be a member.  :(

Edit: and it's not under my name like everyone else's.

• edited September 2013

We are updating the community systems to show the following ranks under users' names:

Newbies – newest members that are on a 2-day wait period before being able to post

Members – All members past the 2-day wait period

Moderator  - Members designated to moderate boards (once we have public moderators live)

Admins – TK staff only

It will take a few days to stick, but if you've been logged into community before 9/26, you will be able to post as usual. The word 'member' will just be added under your name.

At this time there aren't any points or new badges associated with these ranks.

ETA: I'm going to see if we can get the geo locations and post counts for the next update. Thank you for the suggestions!

• TK is shunning MissHart?!  I won't have it!!!!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited September 2013
    Still waiting for a unicorn.

Here!  Now stop whining!!!!!!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Still waiting for a unicorn.

Here!  Now stop whining!!!!!!
    I am mesmerized by this unicorn. I can't stop staring at how beautiful it is. It makes me want to puke rainbows on everyone I see. 

So @knotporscha, did I miss something (it's very possible) or were you guys going to come with a process for selecting mods? Someone mentioned nominations, but I may be completely out of the loop on what the process will be for this. Could you please explain?
    *********************************************************************************

• @southerbelle0915 We're still working on how we will select public mods, but nominations are being considered. We will make an announcement on next steps once the reporting system is ready to go live.

We're also working on making love-its public again.
  • AddieL73 said:
    TK is shunning MissHart?!  I won't have it!!!!

Maybe it's because I'm a mod.  Or an Admin.  Ooo, does that pay?
  • @southerbelle0915 We're still working on how we will select public mods, but nominations are being considered. We will make an announcement on next steps once the reporting system is ready to go live.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/crying_dolphin_rainbow.gif

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• You may have to postpone your wedding, Alison. You don't want to miss out on the coming attractions!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    KnotPorscha said: @southerbelle0915 We're still working on how we will select public mods, but nominations are being considered. We will make an announcement on next steps once the reporting system is ready to go live.

Not to nitpick words here, but does the bolded above ^^ imply that
    private mods have been or will be selected?
  • I volunteer as mod but I will settle all disputes using only GIFs.
  • @knotporscha - I can help out as a mod also, but I'd need to do it for a lower volume board. Wherever you guys need help.
    *********************************************************************************

• I volunteer as mod, but like I said, it'd probably be easier if we can cross all boards and not have specific boards because there's not as many regs around anymore.

I also nominate the following folks: Addliel73, shessocold, liatris2010, prettygirllost, courtanialyn, kristbot, maggie0829, pdkh, rajahbmfd, peledreamsofrain, misshart00, zobird

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • ^ I thought pele GBCK'd?

I'm so out of the loop :(

That unicorn makes me want to weep. She is truly a thing of beauty.
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • @Legu I think she's in a retirement of sorts??  Not sure if she's over on Proboards either

• How are you going to handle Moderating of local and cultural boards?

I'm really the only active responder on two boards...so I guess that would make me default Mod?

I guess I don't get it...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards