African American Weddings

Under Strong Consideration!!

As most of you know i have been through my share of ups and downs in this wedding planning process... The Mr and I have been together since late 07' and now we have decided its time to settle down and get married, well we have changed our dates several times and i have had my moments of wanting to call it quits but LORD KNOWS I LOVE THAT MAN! However last night on FB i saw this and im like OMG i think this is something id like to do i mean the bad part is they dont have any kind of place like this in Miami but i mean this is again UNDER STRONG CONSIDERATION!!

HOPE YOU LADIES ENJOY!!!!! 

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: Under Strong Consideration!!

• NOTE: This is the same place from WEDDING WEDNESDAY

I think i need to move to GA!!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• way beyond beautiful.   {{applause}}  dang, but that's what a wedding looks like, you me, the minister, oodles of happiness.  best part?  whole thing cost about $200. 

T, do it! do it!do it! do it!  - if you decide yes could you please change your next date to match our fave photographer?  lol.  chile Fola is the trufff!   gorj, thanks for sharing.
  • sultryzulu Girllll he is definitely worth every penny couples give him for photography... Im in complete awe of his work and that yellow wedding.... *faints* But again the sad part is there is absolutely no type of courthouse like that in Miami smh... they have a lil room big enough for 2 dang ppl and no kind of nice looking room either, i mean old carpet and dull painted walls with fake trees, christmas lights and some raggedy kinda of tulle like draping smh... if only i could get to GA id definitely go right to that courthouse....

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• {{grabs overnight bag}}  road trip!!! 

general question - a marriage license is obtained in the (city where you live?/city where bride was born in some cases) but is specific to region? a license issued in the state of Florida must be used in the state of Florida? 
  • Ooowee honey booboo chile...dang I wish me and hubby would of waited til we moved to ATL...I definitely would of done something like this..could of save me thousands of dollars. This bride and groom did that !! Pretty and simple. Yall better get yall FL license and come to the ATL...me and hubby will be yall witnesses lol..then go back home and have kick a$$ reception !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • I think you should do it.. and Ill be here ready to go the reception

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Im really and truly considering it... i mean i can still wear my dress and just have him in a suit and a few witnesses and go out for dinner... again saving tons of cash... i can grab a cupcake or two just for pics and call it a night!! 

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• @{{whispers}} no @ cupcakes. they're a tease.  I, i mean um, we, you, would like whole cake please.
  • Why do I feel like this wedding idea stemmed directly from the shoes? I ain't mad at her, they are very pretty. Love'd it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @{{whispers}} no @ cupcakes. they're a tease.  I, i mean um, we, you, would like whole cake please.

this.. I love me some cake

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • marsm4 THEM SHOES MADE A IMPRESSION LOL! But honestly i had those same shoes in plum purple when my wedding colors were going to be Purple and Charcoal and i loved loved loved them shoes but i returned them and got the same exact shoe from Payless in Ivory LOL... so i have those shoes LOL

LeciaBsultryzulu ill get the cake if yall coming with me to GA to eat it LOL...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• guh!?  don't dare me, i'll get on a plane for a wedding in a second.  axe missusD lol!
  • guh!?  don't dare me, i'll get on a plane for a wedding in a second.  axe missusD lol!

girll im all over it.. i am not trying to be at work..

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • They did that!  *applause*

@sultry - I believe the license has to be issued in the place where you will be married.  So @misstira, you're in the clear to bring that party on to GA, but only on the condition that you get that exact photographer!  Not the assistant or second shooter, not somebody else with the company.....  Pull up that link and be like "I want whoever shot these heah."  :-)  And while you're at it, that makeup artist was on point too!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pearls687 said:

They did that!  *applause*

@sultry - I believe the license has to be issued in the place where you will be married.  So @misstira, you're in the clear to bring that party on to GA, but only on the condition that you get that exact photographer!  Not the assistant or second shooter, not somebody else with the company.....  Pull up that link and be like "I want whoever shot these heah."  :-)  And while you're at it, that makeup artist was on point too!  

{{sings}}   Thiiiiiiiis!
    Andddd....she ain't lying!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • OMGoodness that was my 1st wedding!!! Of course ours wasn't as nice as theirs, but that is exactly what we did. It was a great day, and no stress. As nice as my 1st wedding was, I would love to redo it and have on some bad ass shoes like her!!!
  • All I know beacuse I'm in ATL...I better get an invite especially of there is any kinda cake..cupcake involved..just cause I don't post much since being on the other side don't mean you can forget about me..shoot ! Lol
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
    SHE IS NOT LYING!
  • very pretty and simple
    but nerp lol 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just beautiful & classic. Simple and sincere. I love it.

My understanding is your place of residency does not matter. You just get a license in state you will be married in. Some states may have a waiting period. In Louisiana its 72 hours after you get the license before you can actually get married. But that can be waived by a judge if you don't live in the state. I am sure its a case by case basis. I would just check out the website.

Shoot for the cost of the trip, top notchphotographer, make up artist & some cupcakes, I see a WIN ! LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we have to get our license in GA where we are getting married
    it does not expire in GA woohoo 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fola is awesome i met with him and we have since changed are date and once we lock the new date in we are 90% certain we are wanting to book with him. He is very nice in person and very understanding of giving the client what they want.
  • LovelyBride229 I love his work and if i had that kind of money with no problems id fly him in to miami just for my wedding!!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• misstira said:
    LovelyBride229 I love his work and if i had that kind of money with no problems id fly him in to miami just for my wedding!!
    {{tonibraxton pearl-clutch}}  gulp. oooh.  um, well can you share with the class, what kinda money we tambout?  (travel excluded say)

• This was the email he sent me:

I am currently offering early bookers my 2013 pricing. 2014 pricing will be be in effect starting in August.  All packages come with a complimentary engagement session. For out of state weddings you just have to cover airfare, hotel and rental car if necessary . There are no travel fees. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks again for contacting me! 

Afolabi Sogunro             
    Photographer  

Fotos by Fola  

ART  .  LIFE  .  PASSION

2011, 2012 & 2013 WeddingWire Bride's Choice Award Winner

Click here to Check out my reviews on WeddingWire
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    404.886.1330 mobile  
    706.634.4004 fax
    info@fotosbyfola.com email
    www.fotosbyfola.com/blog blog site  
    www.fotosbyfola.com web site  

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• His prices start at about 2000 and up and all of his packages include a complimentary e-session!!... This is a PHOTOGRAPHER WORTH BOOKING IMO

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• misstira said:
    His prices start at about 2000 and up and all of his packages include a complimentary e-session!!... This is a PHOTOGRAPHER WORTH BOOKING IMO
    ^5

chile cheese, I'd get married in the passport office too if my pics looked like that.
  • OMG I am in aaawww of his work!! Stunning...
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    misstira said:
    His prices start at about 2000 and up and all of his packages include a complimentary e-session!!... This is a PHOTOGRAPHER WORTH BOOKING IMO

^5

chile cheese, I'd get married in the passport office too if my pics looked like that.

Agreed...with @sultryzulu the passport office in the post office... @misstira...let him know Ill pick him up from the airport make that ft. lauderdale because it cheaper..lol (Transportation and car ride).. and I got an extra bedroom at the house  but I will hook it up really nice for him..

all i ask is you let me and the mister get 3 pictures taken by him

but seriously I dont think that 2000 is bad.. its just all them extras you got to pay for.but hey just know that if you did it .. you have a really good shot of being selected for wedding wednesday!! 

Daisypath - (PNE7)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards