Registry and Gift Forum

Thank you notes

For my bridal shower, one of my guests wanted to purchase an item off our registry, but since FI and I were OOT (visiting our hometown, which is where the shower took place) and thus there would be no one to receive the package if it were purchased and shipped at the time of the shower, I was given a certificate made by the guest that said "one place setting to be delivered upon the bride's arrival home". 

We have now been home for a few weeks and I'm in the process of writing out thank you notes for the shower, but we have not yet received the gift from this guest. Fine- no big deal. BUT- do I not send a TY note until it is received? Send a note thanking the guest for the certificate of future gift?

Thanks! 

Re: Thank you notes

• I had a similar situation, and I sent the note. The phrasing I used was "Thanks so much for our flatwear! We are excited to see it and can't wait to use it!" However, in this case they had given us other items at the actual wedding as well. I'd still say to send it, it's better to be safe than sorry. I plan to call my aunt to let her know we received our flatwear once it comes in.
  • I would not send a thank you until I actually received the gift.

Anniversary
  • You might check with the store, in case you have to notify the store that you're ready for them to deliver the gift.  Alternatively, they could tell you when it was/will be shipped.
  • Thanks for the replies.

BBB won't hold gifts, nor will the post office, so it gets delivered when ordered. 

But the gift has now been received. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards