Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Which song are you using for the Father Daughter dance?

I've seen posts about first dance songs, but which father daughter dance song will you choose?

I may use "dance baby dance" by chris cage

Re: Which song are you using for the Father Daughter dance?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    My daughter used 'You Are So Beautiful,' by Joe Cocker.

My husband wasn't so good at remembering the words to lullabies when she was a baby, so that's the song he sang to her. It was a no brainer for the father/daughter dance. 

• Options
    I was going to use the "Beer Barrel Polka" more as a haha than anything, as my Dad taught me how to polka at a really young age, and to this day, is my favourite polka partner. But, Dad's foot isn't able to handle doing this one, then I moved to "I loved her First" a country song by Heartland, I think. In the end, we decided to nick all the other dances, and are just going to do the first dance, and open it up to everyone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did "butterfly kisses" by Bob Carlisle...which lyrics were probably written for such an occation..Though admittedly an overdone song probably
  • Options
    We're using "what a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@ Alesha1978, I love that song and its my number 2 pick.

• Options
    "Make Someone Happy" by Jimmy Durante
  • Options
    I'm with @alesha1978 on this one too...I loved her First is my pick for the dance!  Good luck!!!
  • Options
    I let my dad pick-- and he picked "My Little Girl" from Tim McGraw (which was exactly what I wanted).

Anniversary
  • Options
    "Little Miss Magic" by Jimmy Buffet. I let him choose and he really wanted that.
  • Options
    Not confirmed yet, but potentially Gracie by Ben Folds.  When I played it for her, my mother bawled.
  • Options
    "I loved her first" by Heartland. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well I was first debating between My Little Girl by Tim McGraw and I Loved Her First by Heartland......however once I heard the song on the radio I knew that was the one for me it's called "Daddy Dance With Me" by Krystal Keith
  • Options
    "A ma fille" by Charles aznavour.  Its a pretty old and common dather/daughter French song
  • Options

Most likely going with "I Loved Her First" such a pretty song :-) "My Little Girl" is also a contender!

• Options

Not chosen yet for my 2nd (it'll be a combo dance..my dad and I w/ step-dad cutting in, plus FI and FMIL dancing as long as she can given physical issues...hopefully less stress on her if she needs to stop), but I used In Your Eyes at my 1st.  I see the song as largely about who you are in someone else's eyes for the 1st b/c I'd love to be half the person my father sees.

One I saw and thought was lovely (actually for a step-father) was Lean On Me. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are using "Daddy Dance With Me" by Krystal Keith.
    My dad really wanted to choose the song, but the songs he wanted were just awful. So i chose 5 songs I would be ok with and let him choose from those.
  • Options
    i like chris cagiles dance baby dance and another good one is rope the moon by john micahel montgomery in his offical video its about a girl who looks up to her dad no matter what those both make me cry.. my mom on the other hand says we should dance to footloose it was my favorite song as a little girl we had the record but you cant play records in the car so they had to go out and get the tape for me so we could take it everywhere my dad constantly had to play it for me. but he did not like the footloose idea 

i am thought playing footloose as part of the 3 country line dances i will be playing at my wedding i have been line dancing for the past 13 years 
  • Options
    My little girl by Tim McGraw. Love him anyway.

• Options
    My Wish by Rascal Flatts
  • Options
    Dezi17m said:
    Well I was first debating between My Little Girl by Tim McGraw and I Loved Her First by Heartland......however once I heard the song on the radio I knew that was the one for me it's called "Daddy Dance With Me" by Krystal Keith

Dezi17m said:
    I always thought it would be Heartland but once I heard Krystal's song in the car I started to cry and knew it was the one.
  • Options
    We are using “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love” by Judy Garland.
  • Options

My dad & I finally decided, yay!!!

Amos Lee - Sweet Pea :)

• Options
    My father passed away when I was young and then my uncle (served as my guardian after my parents' passing) passed away last year. I'm having my ten year old cousin who is very close to me walk me down the aisle and we're going to have our "dance" to Sha-Boom by The Chords because he loves it and it fits with the vintage theme we have going.
    "Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."
  • Options
    I gave my dad a handful of songs to choose from (we also have plenty of time cause wedding isn't until next fall) and his favorite was "Just Fishin'" by Trace Adkins. It's not a traditional father/daughter song but my dad and I used to go fishing every weekend when I was growing up, so it's totally appropriate with our relationship! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Butterfly Kisses for me
  • Options
    We're not having one because my father isn't in my life.  I might have a mother-daughter dance though, and I am not sure what song I would use.
  • Options
    We're probably doing "Fields of Gold," the Eva Cassidy version. It's a song I loved when I was a little girl and have always associated with growing up.

Thought about doing "Butterfly Kisses" but I just couldn't get passed the cliche. We also thought about just doing the instrumental theme song of the movie "The Princess Bride" because that's Dad's favorite movie, but it was just a little too slow and tedious for us. 
  • Options
    We're going with "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton.  My dad raised me on classic rock, and I absolutely love this one, it was nearly a no brainer for me.  I also really love Heartland's "I loved her first", but my dad's not a fan of country.  I'm thinking about maybe using the instrumental version as my song to walk down the aisle.
  • Options
    "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw
  • Options
    I want to use "You Can Let Go" by Crystal Showanda (she's a Canadian singer).  I found this song on YouTube, and the lyrics are wonderful!  Dad hasn't got an idea, and since it's my 2nd wedding, it's really perfect.  It's the story of a young woman's interactions with her father as she is growing up (learning to ride a bike, getting married; the third verse is about her father dying, but I may cut that verse out, it all depends).  There was no dancing at my first wedding, so Dad and I didn't get the opportunity to have this before, and he has no idea I'm planning to have a traditional wedding this time around. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards