Pennsylvania
Options

Dickson City Tuxedo Junction (long vent)

Has anyone had a bad experience with this location before, because they have been an absolute nightmare for us.

We went into their location in December and FI tried on a gorgeous charcoal tux.  We were told the tux price was $149 or something similar. 

We emailed them about their special offer for a free ring bearer and groom, and half off the groomsmen tuxedos.  (incl designer coat, pants, shirt, matching vest, bow tie, studs, cuffs and suspenders).  They told us this offer is only good for people renting EIGHT tuxedos from them.  That's completely absurd.    Then they told us that the "half off" the tuxes would come out to be $98.00.  half off of $149 is not $98.  They explained it like this:

"the regular season price for gray tuxedos are $148, the tuxedo is $98 and accessories (vest tie and shoes)are $50. how we get a total of $99 is half of the $98 which is $49 and accessories $50 for a total of $99."

that is NOT what the add says. It clearly says that accessories are included.

so I complained again.  And the guy said he'd do us a "special favour" and give the groomsmen tuxes and accessories for $78.50, and the groom and ring bearer for free.  I asked him if shoes were included in the accessories, and he said yes.

One of my groomsmen went in to be fitted, and they had no record of us, but they took his measurements.  AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

So we emailed again, to confirm that they had our names and names of the groomsmen and that the tuxes would be $78.50.  "No," they said, "we don't rent tuxes for $78.50".  I want to bang my head against the wall.  My FI emailed them back and said that is the price we were told, and that we have the emails.  They emailed back:

"i spoke with ### and he said  these are the prices we can give you for your wedding,  your tuxedo is free (jacket,pants ,shirt,open back black vest bow tie and plain black shoes)  if you want fullback vest,long tie and  fancy shoes (accessories is $50) ,  for the groomsmen the price is $78.50 for each including( jacket,pants,shirt open back black vest,bow tie and plain black shoes) if you want fullback vest,long tie and fancy shoes (accesories is $50)."

Give me an effing break!  I emailed agian and said that NO, we had already emailed and ### confirmed the accessories to be the following:

shirt, matching vest, bow tie, studs, cuffs, suspenders and shoes. 

I will not be surprised if the "plain shoes" end up being sneakers.  These guys are trying at every turn to nickel and dime us, and it's driving me mad. 

We were in the Scranton / Dickson City area for only one week and had only two days to run around to tuxedo stores looking for a charcoal tux.  Metallo's had one, but it was a poly silk tux and a little too shiny for our taste (but really nice anyway).  Sarno and Son had no dark grey tuxes, only a morning suit.  Men's warehouse had no grey tuxes.  I've had it with Tuxedo Junction, and I'd like to rent elsewhere.  Does anyone have any suggestions for dark grey tux rentals in the area?

Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Dickson City Tuxedo Junction (long vent)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you had that experience. We steered clear of them after a "stealing" news story had surfaced a few years back. We dealt with Sarno's - I'm really surprised they didn't have what you needed. As far as the pricing of your special, we encountered a similar situation with Sarno's. The "tux" is considered jacket, tie, shirt and pants. Our vests and shoes were not included in our "half price" special. Ours came out around $100 each in the end.

You've exhausted all the places I can think of personally Frown Hopefully some of the other ladies may have some suggestions.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard nothing but bad things about them. i wouldnt go near them. When my friend got married, they went to pick up the tuxedos and they were all wrong. It was a nightmare. We are using Sarno and Son and am also suprised they dont have what you are looking for. I cant think of anywhere else besides te places you mentioned.
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, it's also possible that sarno and sons has new tuxes in.  When we were there back in December they only had light grey tuxes, and morning suits.  I'll give all their locations a try out and email them. 
    Our Wedding Website
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would browse their website and go to the Scranton store 401 N. Washington Ave, if possible. That is their headquarters and you may be able to deal with a manager directly. HTH

"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I would browse their website and go to the Scranton store 401 N. Washington Ave, if possible. That is their headquarters and you may be able to deal with a manager directly. HTH <a href="http://www.sarnotux.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.sarnotux.com/</a>
    Posted by ~mRm~[/QUOTE]

Thanks mRm, I'll try that.  I won't be in the area again for another couple of months, so that's cutting it a bit close.  Anyway, their website has only two light grey tuxes--no dark ones. I'm going to try to email them again to see if they have a wider selection than what's on their website. 

Cheers
    Our Wedding Website
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UGH this sounds like hell. We rented from them YEARS ago for my sister's wedding, and they used to handle all of our highschool prom business, and they were great. Now they're under new management, and I've been having a nightmare experience.
    The woman who we met with when we went in was completely discombobulated. I get having a bad day and all and being frazzled, but she didn't listen to half of what I was saying. She was only making suggestions so I didn't think too much of it, and just figured whatever- I know what I want anyway.

My fiance and I agreed on a tux style and put down a deposit. I tried to call her later in the week, and got no answer (not even voicemail). I tried again- no answer. My mom tried, she got the lady. The lady needed to call her back, a day went by- no call. So my mom went up there (I live in Philly- so my mom has been awesome w/ errands etc. for me). The woman apologized profusely- gave 25% off to everyone, and kept one with the 50% off and free for groom.

My brothers and dad went to get measured- I'm honestly not sure how that went. I've heard no complaints, so I assumed it was fine. FI gathered all the measurements of the guys down here, and called them in to her. She had no idea what he was giving her. She didn't understand the measurements. Finally I guess she did, however she's giving FI a size 40 jacket. I don't know much about mens' suits, but he's about 5'11-6'0 (depending on whether or not he's standing up straight), and weighs about 175. I'm fairly certain a 40 is going to be too big. As is he, since none of his suits are that size.

We're both starting to panick, especially because 4 of the groomsmen are out of town- 1 of that 4 is out of the country. The wedding is in exactly one month. Should we say 'screw the deposit' and try to go to Sarno's? Or take our chances? I mean, has anyone gotten through their actual wedding using Tux. Junction? AHHH! I'm worried.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards