Maryland

Bridal shops in MD

I currently live in La Plata and am about to start my dress shopping. Does anyone have any recommendations on places that have more inexpensive dresses? My budget it close to $1000 and I would LOVE to stay under that, but I am floundering on where to start. I like a lot of unique, boho type dresses if that helps any. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Re: Bridal shops in MD

• There is a Davids Bridal in Bowie as well as one in Glen Burnie. There is also an Alfred Angelo in Glen Burnie.
  • We had a crappy experience at both DB stores (in Glen Burnie & Bowie). I would not recommend them to anyone. Th AA in Glen Burnie was a better experience, but the sales staff were very standoff-ish and unhelpful. Believe it or not, we had a good shopping experence at Lex in Annapolis. I know it gets horrid reviews for the actual purchasing experience, but the consultant had a very good eye for selecting the right dress to flatter the figure. The bride had her head set on a certain silhouette, but the owner nailed it with a totally different silhouette that set the bide on a much better course for future shopping trips.  Betsy Robinson in baltimore county does a good job of organizing their dresses by price point so you can safely stay in budget and the service was good.  
  • Cameo Bridal in Glen Burnie. Alfred Angelo too as someone else said in Glen Burnie. KB Bridals.
  • I will say I hate my experience at Betsy Robinson's Bridal in Pikesville, but they do have lovely sample sale dresses. Just be SUPER CLEAR that you are interested in ONLY sample sales (look on their website and pick out a few that you like that you want to look at). I got a gorgeous Pronovias dress that retailed at 2K and, with tax, I paid around $500.

Research and shop sample sales!

I did love my experience at The Bridal Boutique in Columbia. When I told her my price range, she only looked for dresses in that range. When she wanted to show me a dress $200 over budget, she asked me first so I could decide not to try it on knowing it was out of my limit.
  • Thank you all for the info. I ended up going to Mary's Designer Bridal boutique. I told her what type of wedding I was having. I brought photos of dresses I liked. They asked very detailed questions and walked me around the shop showing me what I may and may not like. The very first dress she put me in was a dress by mary that was almost exactly one of the dresses I showed her in the pics, but well under what the pictured dress runs for. ALMOST fell in love immediately, but wanted to try on a few more so she showed me more I may like. I kept coming back to the first one because I loved the fit, but wasnt fond of all the lace up top and keyhole back. Luckily since it was their own design I could change anything I want. So i got rid of everything I didnt want, changed the straps, everything. It was completely changed to be what I want. It was amazing that they were so accommodating. I cant wait to see the dress at my first fitting in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards