Wisconsin

Reception venue on a budget

Hi all!

My fiance and I are on a tighter budget becuase I am just about finished with chiropractic school. Our guest list is around 150-200. I was looking into having the reception at hot water/wherehouse in Milwaukee because we wanted that exposed brick, but it is too expensive I think. Anyone have any cheaper wedding reception ideas besides a backyard??? I would greatly appreciate any advice. And it doesn't have to be in Milwaukee, I am happy to travel :).... Thank you so much!

Re: Reception venue on a budget

• Cuvee downtown has the exposed brick and seems reasonably priced. I considered it but we are inviting over 300 and it has a max cap of 250.

Otherwise, in Baraboo there is the Baraboo Arts Banquet Hall and we were considering them but we fell in love The Racine Masonic Lodge. No exposed brick but it does have an old mansion for the cocktail hour.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Is Cuvee really expensive? I will look into baraboo! Thanks!
  • If you like that exposed brick look, the South Shore Pavilion that you can rent through Milwaukee County Parks is nice and not too pricey.  I know others have mentioned Black Swan in Grafton for that look as well, but I don't know prices on that.
  • I had my reception at Black Swan and highly recommend it. It's around $2100 to rent I think. (we got in under older pricing so it was a little less)
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards