Chit Chat

So upset! (Vent/rant)

With 47 days until my wedding (45 days now) I went and broke my ankle! I will be on crutches for my second fitting, and in a cast for the wedding. I am so bummed! I won't be able to wear my wedding shoes, (they are heels), and I shouldn't be on my feet for a long time. That basically cuts out the dancing and everything! I am so disappointed that everything I have been looking forward to will have to be changed around.

I apologize if that makes me sound materialistic or shallow or anything. I know that in the long run, what shoes I wear, or whether we have the dances we wanted won't matter, because in the end, I am still marrying the love of my life. It just makes me so sad that I won't be able to wear my dream wedding shoes, that I'll be limping down the aisle, and my FI learning how to foxtrot for me was all a waste.

I just wanted to get that all of my chest. End rant.

Re: So upset! (Vent/rant)

• That sucks!! I'd be really disappointed too. 
  • That's not shallow! I'd be bummed too! So sorry this happened :( But you're right, you will probably get to the day of and have a great time regardless. Keep your chin up!
  • I'd be really disappointed too!
  • I'd be bummed, too! I'm sorry to hear you're hurt and hope for a speedy recovery.
  • Thanks everyone. :)@ElcaB yeah, my mom suggested making a lace cover-up for it! Lol!
  • I am 3 weeks post op from having my Achilles Tendon detached. I can't walk AT ALL.  I so totally feel your pain!  I would get creative with the lace and your cast.  Good Luck to you!
  • Think of the fun you'll have at your first anniversary dance! I'm sorry.
  • I'm so sorry - what crappy, crappy timing and I'd be really bummed, too. Any chance you'll be in a walking cast at that point? 

And I second the tulle idea! 
  • @antibride2013 Ouch! I'm sorry! I am on cruches for 2 weeks, but then will be able to use a walking cast. I hope you get better soon!

@ClimbingBrideNY OMG! That made me laugh so hard! Thank you!!!!

• edited October 2013
    I'm so sorry! Decorate your cast like your centerpieces. Have the BMs over with some wine.

ETA: Words are hard.

Anniversary

• edited October 2013
    Heck yes the Lisa Turtle dance! And I agree about dressing up the cast with some lace or something nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Obviously you'll have to bedazzle in your wedding colours, but as an example.  I think you could still dance too, as long as it's slow.  The foxtrot might be out the window.  But that does seriously suck.  image

• its not shallow!  It sucks.   But try to make the best of it.  Guests sign the cast???   Carry the bride dances?  
  • Sorry that happened!  I love PP's ideas of decorating your cast with lace and sequins and having special dances!  You could also borrow the dance they do at Jewish weddings where they lift the bride and groom up in the air in chairs.
  • This is one of my biggest fears! I would be so upset as well! You are just gunna have to roll with it and try to have the best time possible. I saw a photo on reddit this week (of course now I can't find it) of a bride who broke her foot a few days before her wedding. She was in a wheelchair, her groom on her lap, laughing on the dance floor. I think it will all work out fine!
  • edited October 2013
    I feel your pain! I tore my calf 8 weeks before my wedding. I heard 4 pops and searing pain across my calf. I hadn't found the perfect shoes yet, so I wasn't broken hearted about that.  Luckily, I had picked a dress without a train so I didn't have to worry about tripping over myself. The day was still great, and yours will be too!

If it's any consolation, it really simplified the last 2 months. If it wasn't crucial it didn't get done. All the crazy things on pintrest and DIY projects I thought I *had to have* didn't matter anymore. I was bummed I wasn't getting all the "zomg, I must have this minute detail" things done, but in reality I was more relaxed and spending more time hanging out with FI. Especially since it was my right foot, so if I wanted to go somewhere he had to drive me.

Here's a huge HUG from a strange on the internet who understands what you're dealing with!  :-) Even though a broken ankle is worse than a torn calf - hang in there!!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Thank you everyone! @photokitty -You're probably right! I have been going crazy trying to get everything "perfect". Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I will work on trying to relax. :)
  • That's not shallow at all! I feel awful for you. Yes, it's going to be a magical day because you are getting married, but it's okay to feel how you are feeling because it's also those little moments we look forward to. Vent, cry, get it out! Then google cast ideas like the PPs have been saying to make your cast look nice. I googled a bit and found a photo I thought was lovely. See, you can still have a really fun first dance.It may not be the foxtrot, but you'll be nicely cuddled up with your new husband.
  • edited October 2013

Thanks. :) I do feel better now that I've gotten it out of my system. Time to figure out how I am decorating that cast!

(Also, the groom holding the bride pic is super cute!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards