Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invite Wording

Hello Ladies!! I have a question--- Both of my parents are remarried & his parents are divorced so other then "Together with their families" what could we say?? Our wedding is formal & at a catholic church. Please help I want to make sure all 3 sets of parents are mention because they are all helping with money in some way. Thank you so much!

Re: Invite Wording

• Options
    I had a similar situation. It's not "proper" but this could work for you.

Mary Ann Smith

and

Peter James Jones

Together with their familes
    Susan and Paul Bridesparents
    Louise Groomsmom
    Victoria and Steven Groomsdad

request the honor of your presence
    as they are united in Holy Matrimony

Saturday, the sixteenth of August
    two thousand fourteen
    11 o'clock

St Xyz Catholic Church
    Anytown, USA
  • Options
    Hello Ladies!! I have a question--- Both of my parents are remarried & his parents are divorced so other then "Together with their families" what could we say?? Our wedding is formal & at a catholic church. Please help I want to make sure all 3 sets of parents are mention because they are all helping with money in some way. Thank you so much!
    First of all, contributing money =/= hosting. Weddings aren't symphonies; giving money doesn't get your name in the programme as a sponsor.

Technically, weddings can only have one set of hosts -- you/FI, your mom/step-father, your father/step-mother, FI's father/step-mother, FI's mother/stepfather. 

Hosting means issuing the invitations, accepting the RSVPs, and looking after your guests' comfort the day of the wedding. My parents hosted our wedding -- invites were sent in their names, RSVPs went to their house, they gave a welcome toast, etc. That's what's normal in my family, and what my parents expected/wanted to do. DH and I were fine with it. We're not hugely public people, so having my parents be the hosts took some of the pressure off of us.

I really think, "Together with their families," is the best wording for your invite. It's clear, concise, and gives people the information they need. The fact that your wedding is formal and at a Catholic church in no way changes the entirely appropriate wording of "Together with their families..."

If it's important to you that your parents' names be mentioned on the invites, then @itzMS has the best wording option for you. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! Another question..... Is Mr & mrs brides dad And Mrs & mr brides mom Request the pleasure of your company Blah blah blah Brides Name To Grooms Name Son of mr & mrs grooms name At blah blah blah Is that too much?? Or too old fashion??
  • Options

Thanks ladies!! Another question..... Is
    Mr & mrs brides dad
    And
    Mrs & mr brides mom
    Request the pleasure of your company
    Blah blah blah
    Brides Name
    To
    Grooms Name
    Son of mr & mrs grooms name

At blah blah blah

Is that too much?? Or too old fashion??

#1, it's not proper to have the "and" between the sets of parents' names at the beginning.

#2, A major premise of Catholic marriage is that you're entering into the union as equal partners. Saying that you're being married to the groom contradicts that a bit

#3, Since you're being married in a Church, you use Honor of your presence, not Pleasure of your company

#4, Are all of the women comfortable being addressed as Mrs Husbandsname?
  • Options
    Oh right Honor of your presence!! Duh!! And not sure about his parents bc his parents aren't technically married but his mom is catholic & doesn't see her marriage over bc they got divorced & the church doesn't recognizes that...so I guess I should ask her. Sorry, so many questions.
  • Options

Oh right Honor of your presence!! Duh!! And not sure about his parents bc his parents aren't technically married but his mom is catholic & doesn't see her marriage over bc they got divorced & the church doesn't recognizes that...so I guess I should ask her. Sorry, so many questions.

Divorced couples are not listed as Mr and Mrs Steven Johnson no matter what delusion they are living in.

They are listed separately as Mr Steven Johnson and Mrs Debra Johnson
  • Options
    Great!!rhank you, I was thinking the same thing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards