Snarky Brides

Congrats...Your Website is the Worst.

2»

Re: Congrats...Your Website is the Worst.

• MrsLillyG said:

This girl I went to college with.  She posted it in a facebook status for all the world to see, including everyone not invited (like me).  Another friend suggested I look at it if I wanted a good laugh.  It started off with a 3 minute slideshow intro (which I couldn't figure out how to skip, if it was possible) of the absolutely cheesiest engagement photos I have ever seen.  The lay out was really nice and looked like it was probably done by a professional, but it was full of sooo much ridiculous information.  They had bios for themselves, not just about how they met and the proposal but also about their "recent career successes" and life-goals as a couple.  It was a super brag-fest. They also had bios for the entire wedding party, but for one GM they said "Grooms best friend growing up..etc..currently unemployed- we wish him the best in finding work!" WTF.
    The icing was a heading that said "Can't make it to our special day or not invited but still want to congratulate the blissful couple?" followed by links to their registries and their mailing address.  

ETA:  We also looked at their registry- there was nothing under $85 on it.  They included things like a large flat-screen tv, a wii, and designer shoes

Sometimes people register for things like this so that they can get the completion discount after the wedding.  And maybe there was nothing under 85 that they needed-so why register for them?
    I wouldn't be so quick to judge... 
    IMHO, there is no bridal registry that should include designer shoes. Use you're 20% off coupon at Macy's to get your shoes. And every registry completion guidelines I have seen prohibits purchases of non-household items, like clothes and shoes, with the completion discount.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I can see sharing your engagement story if it's interesting enough, and brief paragraphs introducing the couple.
    But unless he fished you out of a pond or something, I don't need to hear how you met.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards