Indiana-Indianapolis

Eagle's Hide-A-Way?

Hi, I am newly engaged, overwhelmed looking at venues already!!

Just wondered, has anyone looked at the
Eagle's Hide-A-Way located at Eagle Creek park? Sounds interesting, but there are no pictures shown on the site. Just curious. Thanks so much!

Re: Eagle's Hide-A-Way?

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!! :)

I looked into it, and was definitely one of my top choices. My mom had been there and explained what it looked like inside, but I would just go take a look. It sounded very rustic and cute. I ended up going with the Lion's Club House in Zionsville, but the Hide-a-way was a close second! (The lion's is closer, less expensive and literally walking distance from my ceremony.)

Good luck! 
    Photobucket .:.Marci.:.
    image Of 155 invited:
    image 74 Will rock out the night!
    image 11 Are party poopers!
    image 70 Are procrastinators!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info !! We are looking at the lions club in zionsville as #1 as well!! I have tried contacting them about Eagles hideaway via email and phone and I am having trouble getting any response!! Both fiancé and I love the lions club, though! Excited to see someone else going there. When is your wedding?
  • I went and looked at it and like you had a hard time reaching anyone.  It is very rustic.  If you are on a tight budget it is a good idea but it gives you the feel of a backyard bar-b-que.  I really wasn't that impressed.
  • My wedding is April 28, 2012. Check out my blog for photos of the lion's club!

It is hard to get ahold of people, but woooorth it.

reddbride.blogspot.com
    Photobucket .:.Marci.:.
    image Of 155 invited:
    image 74 Will rock out the night!
    image 11 Are party poopers!
    image 70 Are procrastinators!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love it, Marci!! We are going to look at the Gazebo and Lions Club next month - so excited!!

Thanks for sharing!! :-)
  • I was searching for more information on the eagles hideaway as well. We made an appointment and checked it out. We ended up choosing the Eagles Hideaway for our wedding and reception as well. I have worked with Linda so far and she has been very helpful and has invited us to come back as many times as we need to plan out our event. I love the main room for dinner but all do understand this is smaller event space. She said 54 max seated in that room. The renovated kitchen looks great with large stainless steel appliances and I believe two refriderators to store away food and such. We are going for a vintage/intimate wedding. This venue has a sweet rustic charm to it. We are so excited to have our closest friends and family gathered here for our big day! 

Also, I was going to post some pictures along with this post but it seems they will not upload. If your interested in them before making the trek out there to see it in person I could email to you. 
  • <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_eagles-hide-way?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:611Discussion:057166d9-11e4-4381-a85d-4de5a6b27386Post:c5ce2577-a4d4-49e9-aac1-b5e7eb3ca1d8">Re: Eagle's Hide-A-Way?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was searching for more information on the eagles hideaway as well. We made an appointment and checked it out. We ended up choosing the Eagles Hideaway for our wedding and reception as well. I have worked with Linda so far and she has been very helpful and has invited us to come back as many times as we need to plan out our event. I love the main room for dinner but all do understand this is smaller event space. She said 54 max seated in that room. The renovated kitchen looks great with large stainless steel appliances and I believe two refriderators to store away food and such. We are going for a vintage/intimate wedding. This venue has a sweet rustic charm to it. We are so excited to have our closest friends and family gathered here for our big day!  Also, I was going to post some pictures along with this post but it seems they will not upload. If your interested in them before making the trek out there to see it in person I could email to you. 
    Posted by bmbowers[/QUOTE]

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PICS!</p>
    <p>I just spoke with Marti the other day and she emailed me some info, but I'm not terribly impressed with the pictures they have on their website. I think we are going with the venue for our small, vintage wedding but we are just have cake and punch and a ceremony. I just love the drive down that road to get there! If you could email me those pics to <a href="mailto:lb.holmes85@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">lb.holmes85@gmail.com</a> I would GREATLY appreciate it!</p>
  • cnabnercnabner member
    First Comment
    I would LOVE to see pictures of this venue!  Please email them to me if possible:  chasity0307@hotmail.com
  • I would love to see pictures as well! :)keen.coles@gmail.com
  • I'm recently engaged and my fiance and I are wanting to do a wedding outdoors with most likely an indoor or covered reception. I am looking into places at Eagle Creek as well because one of our first dates was there. Would someone mind sending me pictures of Eagle's Hide-A-Way? My e-mail is cjcopenhaver@gmail.com. I would really appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards