Nevada-Las Vegas

Invitations mailed

Our wedding invitations arrived on Saturday and we promptly mailed them off today.

We used etsy vendor imbueyou and the invites came out perfectly assembled and exactly how I wanted them personalised.

The best decision we made was spending 35 cents per invite for guest addresses to be printed. All FI and I had to do was stuff and send :-)

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Invitations mailed

• These look great!  I remember when we posted our invites... I was so excited and I took so many pictures of us putting them in the mailbox!  I hope you get your RSVP's soon!
  • Love them! Time is passing so fast now Mo! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Exciting!! As you know @missmo14 we're not doing mail invites for the wedding but we are for our home reception and I'm itching to get them finished so I can post them out, but its way too soon for that. I am living vicariously through your invite sending instead!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • those look great!  
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Thanks ladies! Guests should get them in the mail today so im tidying up the wedding website.

@ Valerie time is FLYING! Its ridiculous.
    @Jiimanie we are having our casual 'pre-reception' in January so my focus has really shifted to that event. I dont really have to DO much for it, so ofcourse ive made things difficult for myself by adding a DIY candy buffet and some simple centrepieces and decorations.

Im loving the wedding planning but Im definitely looking forward to going back to being a simple wedding guest after this is all done!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @missmo14 hahah! I'm forever looking for extra things to do and I have to keep reminding myself I chose Vegas to try and keep it simple! Having said that, we're also doing a candy buffet (at our home reception) - I've already brought the jars but having a real hard time deciding how much candy I'll need for 150 guests and whether I need any more jars!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know right!

Our party is at a lawn bowls club (sounds tacky, but this one is beautiful, right beside the river in a really nice part of town). It will be summer here so perfect weather for a casual afternoon of drinking, mingling and playing lawn bowls.

We are doing 24 cupcakes and 36 cake pops together with 7 jars (2 long large ones, 1 large rounded one, 2 medium sized tall jars and 2 smaller jars for the lollipops). I picked pink as my colour scheme for lollies and we bought these awesome ferris wheel cupcake holders. Im just going to fill the jars and take along any spare candy I have to refill. We are expecting about 50 guests.

Im enjoying being able to DIY things and cant wait to celebrate with local friends and family before the wedding. I know its a bit backwards doing it BEFORE the wedding, but it works for us and our crew.

What have you got planned for your AHR?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @missmo14 Sounds fun! And good to make use of the good weather! 

We have hired the main function room at a local hotel (they were having an awesome sale and its a beautiful space), we have finger food included, staffed bar, a friends' band is gonna play and we'll provide our own music in between, we'll have a slideshow of some of our wedding and honeymoon photos playing on a loop on their projector screen and at some point we'll play our wedding DVD. Oh and of course - the sweet (candy) buffet! We're not really planning a colour scheme or anything, there'll be four or five big tables for people to sit at if they wish, on which we'll put some helium filled balloon centrepieces (mixed colours) and I think I'm even splashing out on a couple of uplighters. It must stop now, that's plenty!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Time for some mailbox stalking to begin!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• @VG we are doing online RSVP because of all the international guests (just easier to coordinate it online).

I know that at least 3 guests got their invitations yesterday and most should have them by the end of the week. I love how excited guests are!

@jiimanie We need to stop each other from adding more to our AHRs! Otherwise we may as well have just got married at home. Lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @missmo14 exactly! The minute you get an urge to add anything, post the idea on here and I'll tell you not to do it! You can do the same for me ...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agreed!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Mo - those looks so great!! I especially like how the invites themselves look like cards. So exciting!!! It's all so real from this point on!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards